The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
EASA Part 21 Subpart J - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approval)
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

EASA Part 21 Subpart J - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approval) - Page 3

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
design organisation approval (doa), design and development, faa (federal aviation administration), easa (european aviation safety agency), as9100 - aerospace quality management systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #17  
Old 30th October 2009, 03:07 AM
Michael_

Total Posts: 3
Re: EASA Part 21 Subpart J – DOA - Here is my understanding of the DOA

Thank you Angelika once again,

Actually that is the question: "Is it required to have an active project in order to ask for an EASA Part 21 DOA. If yes what types of project can lead you there?". OK I have got the answer from you.

The first information I had was that you shall have an active project, which shall be a complete aircraft design, in order to discuss for a DOA.

It seems however that the DOA is not a standalone situation but a prerequisite to have the EASA approval on a specific product you create.

Best Regards

Michael

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #18  
Old 31st October 2009, 01:56 AM
Angelika

Total Posts: 125

Michael, please see my answers below:
Best regards,
Angelika

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Michael_ View Post

Thank you Angelika once again,

Actually that is the question: "Is it required to have an active project in order to ask for an EASA Part 21 DOA. If yes what types of project can lead you there?". OK I have got the answer from you.

The first information I had was that you shall have an active project, which shall be a complete aircraft design, in order to discuss for a DOA.

In Germany it used to be a requirement from the national aviation authority to have an active project that accompanied the DO-approval process, however, only within the extent of the requested scope (for example an STC for cabin interior etc.). The Agency recommends such an active project because it facilitates them to assess the competences of the organisation as to their knowledge of airworthiness requirements (Certification Specifications etc.) and design practices. However, as already mentioned, it is not an obligatory requirement by the Agency

It seems however that the DOA is not a standalone situation but a prerequisite to have the EASA approval on a specific product you create.
Yes, that's right"

Best Regards

Michael

Last edited by Stijloor; 15th November 2009 at 06:53 PM.
Thanks to Angelika for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #19  
Old 19th November 2009, 11:26 AM
AlejandroR

Hi everybody.

I have just found this topic by chance, I hope it is still active.

About the positions in the DOA. Angelika, are you sure that the HOD can not be the same person as the Aw Manager? I am not. Actually I knew a DOA where they wanted to distribute positions like that (I don't know if they did it at last). I agree with the independence of Quality department and separation of design and compliance verification, but at first sight I dont see any incompatibility between HOD and AwM. Where did you see it in part21?
I think I understood you know DOAs where the design manager is also CVE, is it right?

And at last, I think there is a sense to obtain DOA for a organisation which will not get any TC or STC: it is easier to work with them as subcontractors for bigger DOAs since its data are directly accepted by EASA, apart from this one I don´t see anymore.

Regards.
  Post Number #20  
Old 31st July 2017, 08:56 AM
Ariannautic

Total Posts: 6

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Angelika View Post

Michael, please see my answers below:
Best regards,
Angelika
Dear Angelika and friends,
i am in urgent needs to know about how to get certification in CVE,
I am Aeronautical Engineer working as Project and Process Development Engineer for one of the top middle east airline, there is good opportunities is a opportunity in the CVE position , i dont wanna lose can you please help me to grab this one!

note: i am good design engineer having certification on product development certification in Catia V5 and solid works
  Post Number #21  
Old 31st July 2017, 08:32 PM
AlejandroR

Re: EASA Part 21 Subpart J ? DOA - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approva

Hi Ariannautic

CVE is a position granted by the DOA iaw its internal procedures. It is not a kind of status or title which you can keep if you leave the DOA or that you can achieve outside it.

Even more, if a CVE in active moves to another DOA it could not be automatically recognized and he should go through the CVE approval process again. I myself had to do it in the past.

I hope it helps.
Thanks to AlejandroR for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #22  
Old 1st August 2017, 01:05 PM
Ariannautic

Cry Baby Re: EASA Part 21 Subpart J ? DOA - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approva

Guys, if you can help me with ppt presentation on the subject
  Post Number #23  
Old 1st August 2017, 01:13 PM
Ariannautic

Re: EASA Part 21 Subpart J ? DOA - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approva

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AlejandroR View Post

Hi Ariannautic

CVE is a position granted by the DOA iaw its internal procedures. It is not a kind of status or title which you can keep if you leave the DOA or that you can achieve outside it.
Even more, if a CVE in active moves to another DOA it could not be automatically recognized and he should go through the CVE approval process again. I myself had to do it in the past.

I hope it helps.
Thanks for reply AlejandroR
i understand its internal procedure with DOA, but my company dont have DOA yet,
there is a vacancy for CVE, and i want CVE certification from outside DOA if it possible to get experinced by paying fees etc
  Post Number #24  
Old 1st August 2017, 01:41 PM
AlejandroR

Re: EASA Part 21 Subpart J - Understanding the DOA (Design Organization Approval)

Hi
For initial approvals EASA will probably request a personal interview (exam) with the candidates. The EASA expert will decide if the candidate is suitable or not.

There is no possibility to qualify as CVE outside a DOA. I understand you want to find a DOA to qualify you as its CVE?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >