The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Housekeeping Policy and Monitoring - EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 23rd May 2006, 05:45 AM
Fallen30angel - 2010

Total Posts: n/a
Please Help! Housekeeping Policy and Monitoring - EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility

Morning All,

I'm looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme throughtout our EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility.

Does anyone out there have any information they could share on how they measure housekeeping within a similar environment?

Best Regards

Richy

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 23rd May 2006, 06:07 AM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,756
I'm not unfamiliar with aviation (3000+ test flight hours, licensed A&P, etc...)...so let me ask.......How do you define housekeeping?

When you answer the question, establish a process to ensure it is being accomplished and then develop a metric.

Bottom line...Housekeeping is such a basic issue that if it has to be a focus for measuring you've got a greater problem than needing to keep a chart.
  Post Number #3  
Old 19th June 2006, 12:26 PM
Raptorwild

Re: Housekeeping Policy and Monitoring - EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Fallen30angel

Morning All,

I'm looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme throughtout our EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility.

Does anyone out there have any information they could share on how they measure housekeeping within a similar environment?

Best Regards

Richy
Hello Richy!

May I ask, "Why are you looking to implement a Housekeeping policy and Monitoring programme?"

Before I can offer any input I need to understand your motivation. Thanks, Paula
  Post Number #4  
Old 19th June 2006, 01:01 PM
Don Palmer

Re: Housekeeping Policy and Monitoring - EASA/FAA approved 145 Repair Station facility

Several measurable factors come to mind regarding housekeeping (a.k.a. work envirnment) requirements for EASA/FAA Certificated Part 145 repair stations specific to Avionics/Instrument Shops.
  • Humidity
  • Temperature
  • Positive Airflow

These factors can be routinely measured/charted. Hope this helps.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >