The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Password - Forgotten Password
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
forum software instructions, password

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 1.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 17th July 2007, 08:30 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,940
I Say... Password - Forgotten Password

Changing your Password while Logged In

You can change your password easily at any time. As long as you are Logged In with your current password, and remember your password (you will need to enter it to change to a new password), just visit this link: Change My Password. Enter your current password and then, in the spaces your will see below that input box, put in the password you want. You will notice you have to enter the new password twice as a verification. The change takes place immediately. No email verification is sent unless you also change your email address (the Change My Email Address box is on the same page).

Have you Forgotten your Password?

NOTE: Your email address *MUST* be the one you registered with or the last one you had if you changed your email address at some time in your UserCP > Settings and Options (Look on the Left side of the page) > Edit Password or Email. If it isn't current, you'll have to email me so I can manually adjust your database record. In any case, make sure to include your *current* email address in the body of the form text field.

If you forget your Password, there is no way I can tell you what it is. The forum software encrypts passwords and will not even allow the administrator to see it.

If you forget your password, you can click on the 'Forgotten Your Password?' link on any page that requires you to fill in your password, or Click Here.

What happens then?

This screen should come up:

You will get 2 emails from the forum software.

Email 1: The forum software will send a Confirmation/Verification email to the email address your registered with (or your current email address if you have changed it in your Profile here since you registered) within seconds, so it should reach your email box within minutes. This 1st email will have a link in it to click on to trigger the 2nd email. The 1st email will look something like this:
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by 1st Email

Hello *Your user name will be here*,

You have requested the Elsmar Cove forums software to reset your password because you have *forgotten* your password. If you did not request this, please ignore it. It will expire and become useless in 24 hours time.

To RESET your password, please visit the following page: http://Elsmar.com/Forums/login.php?a...375&i=86858412

When you visit that page, your password will be RESET, and a NEW 'random' password will be generated and E-Mailed to you. If your e-mail address is not up to date, please Contact Marc for assistance.

Reminder: Your Forum User Name is: *Your user name will be here*

Let me know if you have any problems resetting your password.

Marc

BTW - The software will send you a random password. After you get that and Log In using it, you can change your password to what ever you would like here: http://Elsmar.com/Forums/profile.php?do=editppassword

--> *** NOTE: This e-mail message was automatically generated by the Elsmar Cove forum software. Do Not Reply to this message.

If you need help, call me in the US at 513 341-6272 or e-mail me:

http://Elsmar.com/Forums/sendmessage.php
If you do not get the email within 30 minutes, which would be a very long wait, check your 'spam' box to make sure it isn't there before you email me for help.

*** NOTE: IF you have changed your email address since you registered but have NOT changed it in your Profile here, obviously you will NOT receive the confirmation email. In this case you will have to contact Marc to help you.

NOTE: If the email you registered with (or if you changed it here in the forum at some time, your current email address) is not a valid email address, if your mailbox if full or for some other reason the email to you bounces, you will have to Contact Marc to straighten things out. And - Please don't forget to check your email 'spam' box.

After you click on the link in the email, your browser should take you to a page that looks like this:

Email 2: The email sent to you will contain a Temporary Password which is usually an 8 digit random number. Use the Temporary Password to Log In with. I call it a 'Temporary' password, but if you like you can use it as your full time password. If you want to change it for any reason (such as to something you can remember), see Changing your Password below.

The 2nd email will look something like this:
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by 2nd Email

Hello *Your user name will be here* !

As you requested, your password has now been reset to a random number by the software as follows:

Username: *Your user name will be here*
Password: 21948031

AFTER you Log In, if you want to change your password to something else such as something you can remember, please visit this page:
http://Elsmar.com/Forums/profile.php?do=editpassword

Regards,

Marc

-->

*** NOTE: This e-mail message was automatically generated by the Elsmar Cove forum software. Do not reply to this message.

If you need help, e-mail me using the form below:

http://Elsmar.com/Forums/sendmessage.php
Just follow the directions in the email.

Last edited by Marc; 11th September 2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Minor addition and cleanup including some links.
Thank You to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 11th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 25,940
Re: Password - Forgotten Password and/or Changing your Password

Minor update: Clarifications and rewording including the 'Note' about how your email address in the database *must* be current. If it is not you *must* contact me and tell me your *current* email address in the text body of the Contact Marc form.

NOTE: If this does not work for you for some reason, let me know using the Contact Marc form. I can manually set a password for you.
Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >