The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
TS 16949 Internal Audit Trainer Traceability to IATF
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
auditor qualification requirements and certifications, iatf (international automotive task force), iatf 16949:2016, internal auditor training

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 22nd October 2006, 02:25 AM
tony s

Total Posts: 129
Question TS 16949 Internal Audit Trainer Traceability to IATF

Hi everybody,

A certifying body here raised a nonconformity for a company whose internal audit training was conducted by a non-registered/accredited IATF/TS 16949 auditor.

I know that this issue has been repeatedly discussed before but according to my source, an auditor from another certifying body, that this is what most CB's are looking for. Trainers' certificates must be traceable to IATF.

We don't supply directly to any of the big three and our customers are not requiring us to comply to such requirements. We supply products to semicon/integrated circuits manufacturer who want us to be TS certified. A certifying body approved our eligibility to TS and we already booked a schedule for the readiness review.

As of now, I can say that we have already addressed the requirements of the TS standard even the Annex 1 of the Rules for Achieving IATF Recognition with regard to the minimum 12 months performance trend.

The problem is our internal auditor trainer is not IATF registered or has a certificate traceable to IATF though has a lot of experience about training, consulting, and even auditing QS 9001 and TS 16949 certified companies.

Is there any official document coming from IATF or any regulating body about this?

Hope u can help us, as you always did.

Thanks in advance,

tony s

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 22nd October 2006, 10:43 AM
Jim Wynne

Total Posts: 14,161
Re: TS 16949 Internal Audit Trainer Traceability to IATF

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by tony s View Post

Hi everybody,

A certifying body here raised a nonconformity for a company whose internal audit training was conducted by a non-registered/accredited IATF/TS 16949 auditor.

I know that this issue has been repeatedly discussed before but according to my source, an auditor from another certifying body, that this is what most CB's are looking for. Trainers' certificates must be traceable to IATF.

We don't supply directly to any of the big three and our customers are not requiring us to comply to such requirements. We supply products to semicon/integrated circuits manufacturer who want us to be TS certified. A certifying body approved our eligibility to TS and we already booked a schedule for the readiness review.

As of now, I can say that we have already addressed the requirements of the TS standard even the Annex 1 of the Rules for Achieving IATF Recognition with regard to the minimum 12 months performance trend.

The problem is our internal auditor trainer is not IATF registered or has a certificate traceable to IATF though has a lot of experience about training, consulting, and even auditing QS 9001 and TS 16949 certified companies.

Is there any official document coming from IATF or any regulating body about this?

Hope u can help us, as you always did.

Thanks in advance,

tony s
Where is the "shall"? There's nothing in the standard that mandates IATF-based internal auditor training. There might be customer-specific requirments (I think Ford has something along these lines) but the standard is silent on the issue.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 29th December 2006, 10:08 AM
mjones2

Total Posts: 46

There is no requirement that I am aware of.

This would be one of the times I would appeal the auditors non conformity. The registrar should have informed you about the appeal process and if you let the auditor know you will appeal his decision - he or she may likely drop this non-conformity. I know my comment is a little late.

But you don't always have to take the auditors non conformances - if you cannot find the requirement in the TS Standard, CS Req, or their contract -- ask them to show you --- they have to show you.

The auditor should be auditing for effectivness - is your auditing plan, results, notes, effective? If not write that up - not some nit-picky BS.

This is totally not what the
TS standard is about -- my guess your auditor is a hold over from QS and somehow made the cut.

Maggie
  Post Number #4  
Old 29th December 2006, 12:23 PM
Duke Okes

Total Posts: 835

There is no such requirement.
  Post Number #5  
Old 2nd January 2007, 07:31 AM
SilverHawk

Total Posts: 323

If and only if you are supplying to Ford where CSR required that the competency of the trainer have under specific training and qualification.
  Post Number #6  
Old 2nd January 2007, 09:27 AM
blackbird

Total Posts: 13

Tony s - i agree with the comments, but also, did the C.B auditor state in his non compliance where in the standard it related to ( clause number etc..)???
  Post Number #7  
Old 9th January 2017, 02:29 PM
al40

Total Posts: 507

Good comment,

Always ask the auditor to show you the reference they are referring to when it comes to findings.

Al40
Thanks to al40 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >