The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Available Auditors - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 7th April 2004, 10:42 AM
Hershal

Total Posts: 2,498
I am curious.........any idea how many folks may be out there (in the U.S. primarily) that have training in assessing to ISO/IEC17025 and have training and experience in Metrology?

Hershal

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 7th April 2004, 12:57 PM
D.Scott

Total Posts: 1,592
Rather tough to answer there - depending on what you call training and experience in Metrology. I have limited training through a few college courses (and almost every seminar offered by gage manufacturers) and 30 some years in quality. I am a trained and approved 2pCP auditor for the AIAG lab approval program. I don't feel I am specially trained or qualified for auditing 17025 because it isn't my regular job. I fill a need. I do however feel confident that I am assessing a supplier fairly and competently. I feel the same when I audit a supplier's QMS. That isn't my regular job either.

Dave
  Post Number #11  
Old 7th April 2004, 01:03 PM
The Taz!

Total Posts: 499
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Hershal

I am curious.........any idea how many folks may be out there (in the U.S. primarily) that have training in assessing to ISO/IEC17025 and have training and experience in Metrology?

Hershal
I have a very good friend who is exactly that. . . 17025 auditor. . .certified. Over 20 years on metrology
  Post Number #12  
Old 7th April 2004, 01:57 PM
db

Total Posts: 2,590
I can't even spell 17052, or rather 5217856325dkeucne15. Oh forget it!

I do have a co-worker who is a chemist br trade, and has a lot of experience in metrology and is our lab guy.
  Post Number #13  
Old 7th April 2004, 02:48 PM
Rob Nix

Total Posts: n/a
Wait a minute.

You want someone who's experienced in calibration (17025) AND metrology.

So he is able to predict both gage variability AND the weather??
  Post Number #14  
Old 8th April 2004, 10:04 AM
Hershal

Total Posts: 2,498
If he can predict the weather also, it is likely he is not working in the field of Metrology......not enough money!

Calibration is a part of Metrology.....and 17025 is the standard used for lab accreditation. I am hoping to find the right folks to potentially become contracted technical assessors, so that as we grow, I have a corp of folks to support our growth. That is why both qualifications are important.

A few caveats......I am not promising some volume of work, as that will depend on number and type of labs, scopes, area of the country, etc.....CCTs and degrees are preferred, but not required.....and the person(s) can not currently be assessing for another AB......

Hershal
  Post Number #15  
Old 23rd July 2004, 10:14 PM
mjones2

Total Posts: 46
Thank you for starting this thread. I can conduct 1st party and 2nd party audits for manufacturer and service industries in North West Ohio and Southern Michican. In the heart of automotive country. ISO 9001:2000, QS 9000 and TS 16949. Currently a RAB provisional third party auditor. Developed Internal Auditing training class for ISo 9000:2000 / Ts 16949. Train your auditors in house for less than what you would pay to send your auditors to the big names, and also have practice audits done on your system which will count towards your internal audits.

Also will handle all your internal auditing needs. Have references will travel.
  Post Number #16  
Old 8th September 2004, 03:39 PM
lindal

Total Posts: 74
Although I feel horribly under-qualified when reading many of the posts in this thread, I would still like to offer my services. I am a certified quality auditor (since 2001) and have been auditing since 1998. I have eight years experience in the medical device industry, working with class II and III devices as well as a diagnostic software platform.
I am available to provide quality system training (21 CFR 820, MDD/ AIMD, ISO 9001:1994, ISO 9000:2000, and ISO 13485) or perform internal audits for small companies in the central plains/ upper Midwest.

Many thanks for the opportunity Marc,
Linda

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >