The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
ISO9001:2015 Process Matrix with clauses
Please read this thread...
Software update
ISO9001:2015 Process Matrix with clauses
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

ISO9001:2015 Process Matrix with clauses - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
iso 9001:2015, matrix, processes (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 28th August 2017, 02:39 PM
Audit Coordinator

Total Posts: 38
Re: ISO9001:2015 Process Matrix with clauses

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Kronos147 View Post

(FYI - Our organization is AS9100)

Our organization has 5 processes:
1) Management
2) CRP’s (Customer Related Processes)
3) Production
4) Purchasing
5) I&C - Inspection and Compliance
<snip>
Kronos,
You really went the extra mile today sir! Thank you for your time consuming input here!

We are AS9100 certified as well. About two months ago, we had our AS9100 CB audit and the auditor told me that she would like to see the respective clause to each question in our audit checklists therefore showing which clauses we have touched on in our internal audits. I determined the best way to do this was to create this matrix first, then it would be easier to refer to it for the checklists.

Yes, we still use checklist as we have a high turnover rate of auditors and they are not always as intelligent as one would like. That way, it assures us that they will cover the important points with the liberty to add additional questions, if they feel so moved down a path.

Again, you took more time than I deserve, being I'm rather new, and I surely do appreciate it as our goal in quality is to do the best job we can do!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 28th August 2017, 07:59 PM
Stijloor

Total Posts: 15,334

Here is a link to a thread in which I posted a matrix and linkages to requirements (clauses). See post #3 and its attachments. It is an old version, but if you look at the last two columns, you'll see how this can be accomplished.

https://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist....Process+Matrix

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks to Stijloor for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #11  
Old 28th August 2017, 08:00 PM
Big Jim

Total Posts: 2,906

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Audit Coordinator View Post

Jim, that was a big help!

It just seemed a daunting task that was easier with the previous standard. I feel the the revised standard is just a bit more ambiguous than before - not so cut and dried, which can be an advantage for sure during a CB audit. More wiggle room.
You provided me some insight and I liked your suggestions! So, I made some changes and I've attached the revised copy for anyone to see; nothing proprietary here....lol.
Thank you
This effort looks very reasonable. There are further possibilities but it now boils down to how you think your organization is structured and company culture/philosophy
  Post Number #12  
Old 29th August 2017, 08:33 AM
Audit Coordinator

Many thanks to you for taking the time to look it over. It's a much cleaner appearance which makes it more usable/valuable I think. I feel much better knowing that someone like you has given me feedback as I do not have anyone to go to here at my work. This forum and people like you are the best!!!
Thank You to Audit Coordinator for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #13  
Old 29th August 2017, 08:48 AM
Audit Coordinator

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Stijloor View Post

Here is a link to a thread in which I posted a matrix and linkages to requirements (clauses). See post #3 and its attachments. It is an old version, but if you look at the last two columns, you'll see how this can be accomplished.

https://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist....Process+Matrix

Hope this helps a little.
Thank you! I took a look at that and believe that it would not be a difficult task to get a matrix of ISO9001:2015 and ISO9001:2008 and cross reference those to my matrix if I like. I appreciate you posting that and many thanks!
Thanks to Audit Coordinator for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #14  
Old 31st August 2017, 05:52 PM
Audit Coordinator

Found a helpful transition matrix from ISO9001:2008 to ISO9001:2015.
This might help someone else besides me!
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: pdf ISO9001-2015-Transition Guide V2_ MATRIX.pdf (241.1 KB, 434 views)

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >