Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949 - Page 3

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
iatf 16949:2016, transition (between standards or revisions to a standard), ts 16949 - automotive quality system standard

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #17  
Old 16th October 2017, 09:28 AM
aalba

Total Posts: 3
Re: Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

We already got our IATF transition audit. 4 audit days, 1 DQS auditor. It was a lot of stress because every question can be answered in different way. 16 minor non conformities, no majors. One key that helped us was to have any evidence for each auditor question, it is better to have something that have nothing. We went thru paragraph by paragraph. Well, we are so happy to achieve this, now it is to time to keep the system running.
Thanks to aalba for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #18  
Old 17th October 2017, 07:21 AM
Scanton

Total Posts: 53

Well we have completed our 3 day transition audit and came out with zero majors and three minors, are all easily rectified.
The minors were:

9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit: Although we had a well-defined CSR Matrix (thanks for the template) our audits had no record of us reviewing our CRSís during the internal audits.

7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records: There was a single attribute gauge out of calibration. It was a gauge dedicated to a specific job. It was a job that runs once in a blue moon and the machine had been changed over to it during the first day of the audit, and the machine setter had pulled the gauge out of storage to run the job.

7.5.1.1 Quality Management System Documentation: We had an operating procedure that didnít require wholesale updating (like most of the others) as it was still relevant, and we were still doing everything described within it, however it did contain a single reference to TS16949 that we missed.

Like most minor nonconformities, they are silly and avoidable things that really shouldn't happen however they are not the end of the world, and will allow us to close them out quickly and transition to the new standard without a break between TS and IATF.
  Post Number #19  
Old 17th October 2017, 10:33 AM
AndyN

Total Posts: 8,924
Question Re: Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Scanton View Post

Well we have completed our 3 day transition audit and came out with zero majors and three minors, are all easily rectified.
The minors were:

9.2.2.2 Quality Management System Audit: Although we had a well-defined CSR Matrix (thanks for the template) our audits had no record of us reviewing our CRSís during the internal audits.

7.1.5.2.1 Calibration/Verification Records: There was a single attribute gauge out of calibration. It was a gauge dedicated to a specific job. It was a job that runs once in a blue moon and the machine had been changed over to it during the first day of the audit, and the machine setter had pulled the gauge out of storage to run the job.

7.5.1.1 Quality Management System Documentation: We had an operating procedure that didnít require wholesale updating (like most of the others) as it was still relevant, and we were still doing everything described within it, however it did contain a single reference to TS16949 that we missed.

Like most minor nonconformities, they are silly and avoidable things that really shouldn't happen however they are not the end of the world, and will allow us to close them out quickly and transition to the new standard without a break between TS and IATF.
Seriously? The auditor wrote you an NC for THIS?

Thank You to AndyN for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #20  
Old 17th October 2017, 10:53 AM
howste

Total Posts: 5,061

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Scanton View Post

I agree with Andy. This is a nit that could have been mentioned in passing then dropped.
  Post Number #21  
Old 17th October 2017, 11:05 AM
Scanton

I did also contain a reference to a section of our old quality manual that no longer exists in our new manual, so he decided to record that one (of the two out of date/obsolete references) and suggested we thoroughly review and update that procedure.

I would have been more descriptive in my first reply if I had known what the response would be. Apologies for that.
  Post Number #22  
Old 17th October 2017, 11:17 AM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,387

It's still nit picking and totally unnecessary. I have a ton of cross references in my stuff and the likelihood of getting them all in the first go around is nil. Just fix them when you find them.
Thanks to Golfman25 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #23  
Old 17th October 2017, 11:24 AM
AndyN

Total Posts: 8,924
Let Me Help You Re: Who has had a Transition Audit from TS 16949 to IATF 16949

If I was the Operations Manager for your CB and that NC came across my desk for review (as it is supposed to) I'd be calling the auditor to ask what drugs he was using while on the job...
Thank You to AndyN for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #24  
Old 17th October 2017, 11:46 AM
Scanton

I can't believe you have me sticking up for an auditor, but just to play devils advocate.

Is not the incorrect reference to an outdated standard and a reference to an outdated quality manual enough evidence to suggest that this operating procedure has not been adequately audited to verify compliance with this (IATF) automotive QMS standard?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >