The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote location
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote location
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
audit nonconformances and findings, strategic planning and objectives

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 14th July 2017, 04:40 PM
David J Quality

Total Posts: 48
Please Help! No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote location

We recently incurred a minor NC on our last TS audit due to no evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited by our remote location's registrar. One of the processes is "strategic planning". No one here is sure how or why this came to be listed on our scope. Yes, our parent company in Japan does provide such instruction, but I am not sure this is an auditable process. Can anyone verify my assumption? I would prefer to remove this from our scope prior to our IATF audit this fall. Thanks!

Last edited by Sidney Vianna; 14th July 2017 at 04:59 PM. Reason: clarification in title

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 14th July 2017, 05:04 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 8,946
Re: No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote locatio

As I understand the scenario described, my line of thought is:
  • "strategic planning" process does exist. Surely it is auditable.
  • strategic planning is a process that can affect product conformity and customer satisfaction, thus, it is a process that is part of the QMS.
  • strategic planning is in the scope of audit (and/or certification) of the remote location, by a different CB.
If all bullets are true, the solution is for strategic planning to be audited at the remote location and evidence be presented to the manufacturing plant(s) CB. You should NOT remove a QMS process from the scope of the audit at the remote location, if the process does exist and can impact your automotive customers.
Thanks to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 17th July 2017, 04:14 AM
Sebastian

Total Posts: 215
Re: No evidence of certain processes on our scope being audited at our remote locatio

I have various experiences regarding identification of remote supporting functions. Some companies take it very seriously and have very good understanding of interactions between manufacturing plants and design centres, sales offices, etc. Some do all they can just to limit scope of this functions to product, eventually process design activities. I am very familiar with tag, "Japan" in this matter.
What you need is to strongly insist on your Japanese friends to be open to their CB and do not hide these supports, as "overlooking" will result in major NC issued to you next time.
Thanks to Sebastian for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 17th July 2017, 09:35 AM
David J Quality

Total Posts: 48

I should have defined the problem better: our registrar came in and looked at our cert on the wall noting seven support functions from our RL. He asked to see the audit performed in Japan. When he looked at it he noticed that not all support processes were audited by their registrar. He didn't ask to see the three year audit plan (I'm hearing it wouldn't have mattered). According to the auditor, we must ask Japan to have their registrar come back to their facility and audit the missing support functions. Now, we do not list "strategic planning" as a process at our facility. I am not sure how it ever got on our cert. Is there a clause in IATF that specifically mentions strategic planning and that it should be a recognized auditable process? Thanks!
  Post Number #5  
Old 17th July 2017, 10:47 AM
Sebastian

Total Posts: 215

1. Someone from your company mentioned this activity in application for certification.
2. Auditor found RL's support with this activity and mentioned it in final report.
Thanks to Sebastian for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >