Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsIATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive MaintenanceThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
iatf 16949:2016, internal audits, tpm - total productive maintenance

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 16th March 2018, 11:37 AM
kylerf

Total Posts: 25
Please Help! IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance

I am running through the IATF standard in preparation for our certification audit and was wondering, how will we satisfy this requirement? what will the auditor be looking for?

IATF16949:2016 8.5.1.5- "The organization shall develop, implement, and maintain a documented total productive maintenance system."

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 16th March 2018, 12:10 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,406
Re: IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance

Have you read TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) - What is TPM?

They'll be looking at your maintenance department's schedules and such.

Hopefully some of the current IATF 16949 will help with specifics.
  Post Number #3  
Old 17th March 2018, 09:17 AM
Howard Atkins

Total Posts: 2,967

The standard defines as following
Quote:
total productive maintenance
a system of maintaining and improving the integrity of production and quality systems through machines, equipment processes, and employees that add value to the organization
The audit will look at these requirements and should always go back to this definition
Thanks to Howard Atkins for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 13th April 2018, 02:59 AM
jack770214

Total Posts: 13

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Howard Atkins View Post

The standard defines as following

The audit will look at these requirements and should always go back to this definition
The standard is straightforward in what its asking for. The only thing debatable with the auditor is which metrics you choose. My equipment folks feel MTBF is fairly passe I believe they use OEE where mtbf is one part of the equation. But you can also default to the standard and you wont be wrong.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
  Post Number #5  
Old 13th April 2018, 03:21 AM
AMIT BALLAL

Total Posts: 155

Standard asks for documented system, which can be a documented procedure / flow diagram. I prefer a documented procedure.

In comparison to ISO/TS16949, only major changes are addition of requirement of periodic overhaul and maintenance objectives.

Jack, I don't feel there should be any debate. Its up-to the organization about which metrics to choose, as long as it is relevant. Standard has just given examples of metrics such MTTR, MTBF, OEE.
  Post Number #6  
Old 13th April 2018, 03:47 AM
jack770214

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AMIT BALLAL View Post

Standard asks for documented system, which can be a documented procedure / flow diagram. I prefer a documented procedure.

In comparison to ISO/TS16949, only major changes are addition of requirement of periodic overhaul and maintenance objectives.

Jack, I don't feel there should be any debate. Its up-to the organization about which metrics to choose, as long as it is relevant. Standard has just given examples of metrics such MTTR, MTBF, OEE.
Key words relevant. We have had our share of CB auditors that felt a particularly metric was not suitable. That said we have had zero finding for TPM. So yes I agree no worries there. There are much more nebulous parts to the standard such as connection between context of the organisation, interested parties and risks and opportunities. Bump to another thread.

Post Number #7  
Old 13th April 2018, 07:38 AM
AndyN

Total Posts: 8,761
Let Me Help You Re: IATF16949 8.5.1.5 Total Productive Maintenance

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by jack770214 View Post

We have had our share of CB auditors that felt a particularly metric was not suitable.
Not their's to debate. It's simply a case of what you do being measured against an objective to demonstrate effectiveness. What's so difficult that an auditor has to pass comment on "suitability"? When was the last time they ran a maintenance program?
  Post Number #8  
Old 15th April 2018, 10:43 PM
jack770214

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AndyN View Post

Not their's to debate. It's simply a case of what you do being measured against an objective to demonstrate effectiveness. What's so difficult that an auditor has to pass comment on "suitability"? When was the last time they ran a maintenance program?
Evidently your company has not had our auditors. My experiences so far...Asian, American, Indian (from India) auditors no issues. German and Netherland auditors debate suitability and have been a pain in the ass. I agree not theirs to debate...evidently they don't here you.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >