The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links


Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services


Howard's
International Quality Services


Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum


Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining


Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC



International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology


Some Related Topic Tags
ltpd (lot tolerance percent defective), sample size, samples and sampling plans
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 28th April 2011, 12:45 AM
RungS

 
 
Total Posts: n/a
Question LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

Dear sir

I have some question about property of LTPD sampling plan.
Example LTPD 2% with sampling size 116 pcs.
If I have 1100 lots with various defect rate in each lot. (Zero to 5%)
With this samping plan , If I get 1000 lots for Accepted lots. In 1000 Lots will have 900 Lots that have defect <2% and 100 Lots that have defect 2-5%.

Is it correct?

Best Regards.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 28th April 2011, 02:30 AM
somashekar's Avatar
somashekar

 
 
Total Posts: 5,370
Re: LTPD with %Defect

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by RungS View Post

Dear sir

I have some question about property of LTPD sampling plan.
Example LTPD 2% with sampling size 116 pcs.
If I have 1100 lots with various defect rate in each lot. (Zero to 5%)
With this samping plan , If I get 1000 lots for Accepted lots. In 1000 Lots will have 900 Lots that have defect <2% and 100 Lots that have defect 2-5%.

Is it correct?

Best Regards.
Hi RungS.
Welcome here.
Had you had a chance to see This PPT
Perhaps you may find some lead.
  Post Number #3  
Old 28th April 2011, 05:15 AM
RungS

 
 
Total Posts: n/a
Re: LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

Somashekar BV

Thank you very much for your reply and share me.
However , I still can not understanding about "The quality level at 10% probability of acceptance." I know its is very basic of Stat. But I am confusing now.
Please help tech me by refer my Example that I think that its will make clear for me.

Thank you & Best Regards.
Rung S.

Last edited by RungS; 28th April 2011 at 06:42 AM.
  Post Number #4  
Old 28th April 2011, 12:28 PM
Bev D's Avatar
Bev D

 
 
Total Posts: 3,628
Re: LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

I think your example is probably incorrect.

when dealing with LTPD, the 10% means that you have a 90% probability of detecting and therefore rejecting a lot that has the stated %defective. You only have a 10% chance of accepting a lot that bad. But remember that the LTPD point is a single point on the curve of probabilities of detecting (Rejecting) or missing (Accepting).


SO: for your example of a 2% LTPD and a sample size of 116:

at a 5% defect rate there is only a 0.3% chance of having no defects in the sample and thus acceptign the lot; there is a whopping 99.7% chance that you will find at least one defct and therefore reject the lot.

at a 1% defect rate there is a 31.35% chance of having no defects in the sampel and thus accepting the lot, so there is a 68.65% chance of having one or more defects in the sample and thus rejecting the lot.

An OC curve can be construted to show this


Does this help a little?
  Post Number #5  
Old 28th April 2011, 08:49 PM
RungS

 
 
Total Posts: n/a
Re: LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

BEV D

With you explain ,
I understood that Each defect rate must be separated to calculate how many can be had in sampling result.

1 ) If I need to focus on 2% defect , the chance is 10%. So with result accept 1000 lots from 1100 lots , It will has chance to have overlook lot = 10% of 1100 = 110 Lots.

2 ) Or Other my understanding , if Expect there are 100 lots in 1100 lots have defect >2%. When sampling with LTPD2% , It will has overlook lot = 10% of 100 lots = 10 Lots.

Which is Correct 1) or 2) or no one?

Best Regards.
Rung S.
  Post Number #6  
Old 3rd May 2011, 12:35 PM
Bev D's Avatar
Bev D

 
 
Total Posts: 3,628
Re: LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Sampling Plan with %Defect

2 is not correct, but close. Each defect rate will have a different probability of being detected as explained above. So if the defect rate is 2% or greater, then there is less of a chance of missing the lots that are substantially greater than 2% defective.

1 might be correct: IF each of the 1100 lots have exactly 2% defects, then you fail to detect that 10% of the time. But remember that probability gives the expected results over many sample sets. There is a chance that you may miss 9% of the 1100 lots or you may miss 11% of the 1100 lots...

Perhaps it woudl be helpful if you gave us more context about your question. is it purely hypothetical or is there a real world situation that is driving the question.
Reply

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >

Bookmarks



Visitors Currently Viewing this Thread: 1 (0 Registered Visitors (Members) and 1 Unregistered Guest Visitors)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Forum Search
Display Modes Rate Thread Content
Rate Thread Content:

Forum Posting Settings
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Emoticons are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Discussion Threads
Discussion Thread Title Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post or Poll Vote
LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Formula for Calculator O2Arsenal Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 18 27th February 2014 09:39 AM
How to determine LTPD (lot tolerance percent defective) or RQL readrb Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1 17th November 2011 04:57 PM
LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) vs. AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) Definitions johnnybegood AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5 26th August 2009 01:54 PM
Which sampling plan to use if 0.5% defective is known 02SCvette Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3 22nd January 2009 07:41 PM
AQL (Acceptable Quality Level) vs. LTPD (Lot Tolerance Percent Defective) Lyndon Diong AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 12 21st June 2002 01:16 AM



The time now is 04:48 AM. All times are GMT -4.
Your time zone can be changed in your UserCP --> Options.



Misc. Internal Links


NOTE: This forum uses "Cookies"