Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsPlease share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and ScheduleThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
audit plans and audit frequency, iatf 16949:2016, internal audits

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 28th July 2017, 11:24 AM
David J Quality

Total Posts: 50
Thank You! Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule

Good morning!

I'm wondering who out there would be willing to share their FY17 IATF Audit Schedule & Plan? I've got some bare bones in the works and would love to see other people's activities. I would love to move as close to process approach as possible. Too many of my personnel are stuck in the old "process" auditing phase. Looking forward to seeing some good examples!

Thank you,
David

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 31st July 2017, 08:08 AM
David J Quality

Re: Please share your IATF 16949 Internal Audit Plan and Schedule

Seriously, is there anyone out there willing to help a poor QE out? I', struggling to develop a good audit schedule this year.
Thanks to David J Quality for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 31st July 2017, 09:25 AM
RoxaneB

Total Posts: 2,999

Hi, David.

You might need another day or two to get a full response from people. Unfortunatley, the initial ask came on a Friday and Cove traffic is lighter over the weekend.

I don't have a schedule to share, per se, but admit to being confused. You say you want to a process approach that people are stuck in the old "process" phase. I'm uncertain what the difference is between these two types of processes you mention.

As for process auditing, how do you define a process? Part of the reason you may not have received a response is that some, like me, look at a process as an organization process...not a standard's process. I don't, for example, audit document control. When I audit a process - such as Purchasing - I incorporate the document control requirements into the audit, along with every other requirement that touches the Purchases process.

If folks have taken an approach similar to mine, you won't find a sample plan/schedule because it is unique to each organization.
Thanks to RoxaneB for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 31st July 2017, 09:43 AM
David J Quality

Roxanne,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that traffic is lighter...I think I've been moving at warp speed too much lately! The original post was meant to say "element" phase. So many of our auditors want to make checklists of each element rather than looking at a process as a whole (Purchasing, Maintenance, etc.). I suppose I may get a better response if I review what I write!

Thanks!!!
  Post Number #5  
Old 31st July 2017, 12:53 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,406

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by RoxaneB View Post

<snip> If folks have taken an approach similar to mine, you won't find a sample plan/schedule because it is unique to each organization.
This is the important aspect.

Hopefully someone will have something they can share, but... There is also the aspect of confidentiality which comes into play.
Thanks to Marc for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 31st July 2017, 02:10 PM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,322

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by David J Quality View Post

Roxanne,

Thanks for your reply. I understand that traffic is lighter...I think I've been moving at warp speed too much lately! The original post was meant to say "element" phase. So many of our auditors want to make checklists of each element rather than looking at a process as a whole (Purchasing, Maintenance, etc.). I suppose I may get a better response if I review what I write!

Thanks!!!
You can make a process based checklist. We find them very helpful with internal audits.
Thanks to Golfman25 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 31st July 2017, 04:12 PM
David J Quality

I appreciate everyone's comments and support. I've been in automotive for 21years, 17.5 of those in Quality and 14 of those auditing (QS, TS, ISO, IATF). I have a template I've used for the past several years but as we transition to the new standard I want to make sure that I'm as inclusive as I need to be with regard to new requirements and I was hoping to gage that against what others have already done. Sooo, if anyone wishes to share, let me know. I appreciate the advise!!!

THANKS,
David

Post Number #8  
Old 31st July 2017, 04:46 PM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,322

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by David J Quality View Post

I appreciate everyone's comments and support. I've been in automotive for 21years, 17.5 of those in Quality and 14 of those auditing (QS, TS, ISO, IATF). I have a template I've used for the past several years but as we transition to the new standard I want to make sure that I'm as inclusive as I need to be with regard to new requirements and I was hoping to gage that against what others have already done. Sooo, if anyone wishes to share, let me know. I appreciate the advise!!!

THANKS,
David

Sorry, can't help. We punted.
Thanks to Golfman25 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >