The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Internal audit of warehouses via Skype
Please read this thread...
Software update
Internal audit of warehouses via Skype
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Internal audit of warehouses via Skype - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
internal audits, multiple sites, skype

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 9th March 2018, 11:18 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 9,250
Re: Internal audit of warehouses via Skype

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Ian_Morris View Post

Second point would be, how would you intend to audit a warehouse operation with Skype. I could see that a video conference and screen sharing could work for data processing or administrative functions,but a warehouse audit should take into account the surroundings and physical work. I am struggling to see how this could be achieved remotely.
I agree. Typical issues at warehouses, from a quality standpoint include damaged, deteriorated, unidentified products. Not easy to verify (yet) remotely. But, as suggested, if historical data show that not to be a concern, so be it.

As for the CB unilateral change of dates, the transition deadline crunch is sure at play.

Last edited by Sidney Vianna; 9th March 2018 at 12:47 PM.
Thanks to Sidney Vianna for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 9th March 2018, 10:04 PM
Dan M

Total Posts: 79

The Registar actually told me that I would need to internally audit all of my remote facilities (8 in total) to confirm conformance to the changes in ISO 9001:2015, even though they are only sampling 4 of the facilities. Most of these facilities are low risk, so normally I would consider spending my time elsewhere. This is a total waste of our resources.

I don't even have official audit date confirmations yet for audits happening at the end of this month. This is a very well known Registar, by the way.

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AndyN View Post

I agree with the comment about auditing a warehouse without actually being there. My question is, WHY are you auditing? If you take the requirement to audit based on the "importance of the process", "changes affecting the organization". If we consider these, how important is the warehouse (problems in there?) or have there been any changes affecting its operation? If the answers to both are, not very and none, then why bother until other, more important processes are taken care of...?
  Post Number #11  
Old 10th March 2018, 01:55 PM
Randy

Total Posts: 8,724

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Dan M View Post

The Registar actually told me that I would need to internally audit all of my remote facilities (8 in total) to confirm conformance to the changes in ISO 9001:2015, even though they are only sampling 4 of the facilities. Most of these facilities are low risk, so normally I would consider spending my time elsewhere. This is a total waste of our resources.

I don't even have official audit date confirmations yet for audits happening at the end of this month. This is a very well known Registar, by the way.
OK, your audits are for the end of the month but the dates haven't been confirmed yet? That's one of the most godawful HS stories I've heard in a while, the CB works for you, and not you for it and it doesn't matter how well they are known. I'm an external (contracted auditor) for a well known CB and except in a very unusual circumstance the places I visit know months in advance of the scheduled dates, have my contact information and everything else, I am required to contact them personally no less than 30 days out, verify everything and provide a revised audit plan/schedule if necessary....There's none of this "We'll see you tomorrow garbage". You should know right now, not tomorrow or next week, but right now which warehouses are to be sampled...In fact you should have known 2 or 3 years ago as part of a communicated sampling plan to you.

Andy and Sidney are correct in that only the differences between the standards need special verification and not every stinking thing.
Thanks to Randy for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #12  
Old 10th March 2018, 05:17 PM
AndyN

Total Posts: 9,030
Let Me Help You Re: Internal audit of warehouses via Skype

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Dan M View Post

Most of the changes don't affect the warehouse activity. Someone's either technically incompetent at your CB's HQ or pulling your leg. Time to move on to a better one (after you get your upgrade audit)

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >