The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
as9100 revision d (2016), audit plans and audit frequency, internal audits, process audits

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 14th April 2018, 07:01 AM
Joeem

Total Posts: 48
Question AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

Help. Any good ideas for a good way to document a internal audit plan / schedule? I have 16 processes to audit. What program should I use to create something to show what is audited and when and by who?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 14th April 2018, 09:03 AM
Golfman25

Total Posts: 1,457
re: AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

We just use a spreadsheet. Processes down the left column. Months on top. Then we just fill in the boxes when we want something audited. Pretty simple.
Thanks to Golfman25 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 14th April 2018, 09:51 AM
Cari Spears

Total Posts: 1,935
Re: AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Golfman25 View Post

We just use a spreadsheet. Processes down the left column. Months on top. Then we just fill in the boxes when we want something audited. Pretty simple.
Same here. Once the audit has been conducted, I put the internal audit report number in the space. When I schedule follow up, I put the corrective action request number in the space. (I started working here in May 2017 )

When an internal audit is only one department or function, I just let them know what day and time I'll be there and about how long it will take. But, when an internal audit spans multiple departments/functions, then I create an audit plan and distribute and post it - I've attached the DPD audit plan I'm preparing now.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before opening, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: doc 2017 Internal Audit Schedule.doc (83.0 KB, 291 views)
File Type: doc 2018 Internal Audit Schedule.doc (88.5 KB, 441 views)
File Type: docx DPD Internal Audit Plan 04-18.docx (14.9 KB, 277 views)

Last edited by Cari Spears; 14th April 2018 at 10:08 AM. Reason: added audit plan stuff
Thanks to Cari Spears for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 14th April 2018, 05:23 PM
AndyN

Total Posts: 9,117
Let Me Help You Re: AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Joeem View Post

Help. Any good ideas for a good way to document a internal audit plan / schedule? I have 16 processes to audit. What program should I use to create something to show what is audited and when and by who?

An audit plan or schedule? An audit plan is for a specific audit. A schedule is NOT a requirement. Anyone trying to fill a calendar of audits over 12 months needs a crystal ball. It simply says they should be planned and a frequency determined. That doesn't mean a calendar. Unless you say you'll do an audit a month and NOT define scope and criteria until you decide WHAT to audit.
  Post Number #5  
Old 14th April 2018, 05:35 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,368

Quote:

The requirements of the standards are that:

"a) plan, establish, implement and maintain an audit programme(s) including the frequency, methods, responsibilities, planning requirements and reporting, which shall take into consideration the importance of the processes concerned, changes affecting the organization, and the results of
previous audits"

Auditors will be looking for agenda, what ws covered and how often.
Therefore, you need a plan which includes how often, what are you goin
  Post Number #6  
Old 14th April 2018, 06:55 PM
Joeem

Total Posts: 48

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by dsanabria View Post

"a) plan, establish, implement and maintain an audit programme(s) including the frequency, methods, responsibilities, planning requirements and reporting, which shall take into consideration the importance of the processes concerned, changes affecting the organization, and the results of
previous audits"

Yes, but for those with customers of utc you need to audit your system within 12 months

Post Number #7  
Old 14th April 2018, 07:18 PM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,368

Quote:

Yes, but for those with customers of utc you need to audit your system within 12 months

ahhh - yes - agree, customer requirements are for another topic
  Post Number #8  
Old 16th April 2018, 07:28 PM
AndyN

Total Posts: 9,117
Let Me Help You Re: AS9100D - Good ways to document an internal audit plan / schedule

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by dsanabria View Post

previous audits"

I don't give two hoots for what auditors "look for". That's NOT their job. Where is an agenda REQUIRED? A PLAN is NOT a calendar, PERIOD. This is where people frequently conflate what CB auditors THINK should happen, rather than WHAT is REQUIRED. If you got your Lead Auditor/Auditor training from a CB or someone who only knows the third party process: Voila! Believe me when I tell you, I've yet to encounter a CB auditor who could even explain what "Status and importance" from 8.2.2 of 2008 means, practically speaking! I know this because I see, weekly, organizations doing one or two audits a year. And they aren't all certified by the same CB or the same (contracted) auditor!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >