The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 25th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Al Rosen

Total Posts: 3,656
Thank You! Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations

I would like to create a chart comparing the CMDR and MDD to FDA regulations. I looked through the post attachments list and unless I missed it, there isn't one. Does someone already have something similar that they can post? Thanks

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 26th July 2006, 07:22 AM
Kevin Mader

Total Posts: 1,223
Re: Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations

Al,

I seem to recall one here as I think I have a print out of it somewhere. I'll take a look. It is possible I got it from somewhere else, but I'll look.

Kev
  Post Number #3  
Old 26th July 2006, 09:16 AM
Al Rosen

Re: Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulati

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Kevin Mader

Al,

I seem to recall one here as I think I have a print out of it somewhere. I'll take a look. It is possible I got it from somewhere else, but I'll look.

Kev
I thought there was one too, but I couldn't find it. I found one called Regulatory Requirements that compared the CMDR to the MDD and Australian regulations, but I think it was incomplete in comparing them to the FDA requirements.
  Post Number #4  
Old 27th July 2006, 10:09 PM
Al Rosen

Maybe I can give this a bump. I'm still looking for a good comparison table for these regs.
  Post Number #5  
Old 28th July 2006, 07:40 AM
wrodnigg

Total Posts: 254
Re: Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulati

There is a comparison table for 9001, 13485 and QSR from Ed Kimmelman, which can be downloaded here. It is from Quality-Works.com

I have reviewed this table and did some corrections and added some comments to the 13485/MDD section (I also sent them to Ed, maybe he already included them in his version of the table).

The upload of the file failed, but I can provide it by email...

Last edited by Marc; 28th July 2006 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Changed deep link from external site and gave credit to Quality-Works
Thanks to wrodnigg for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 28th July 2006, 07:48 AM
Al Rosen

Thanks, I have that and was hoping to add the CMDR to it.
  Post Number #7  
Old 10th August 2006, 03:05 PM
Steve McQuality

Total Posts: 108
Re: Canadian Medical Device Reg & Medical Device Directive Comparison To FDA Regulations

Al:

Did you ever find what you were looking for regarding the comparison? I found an old post in the Cove, but I'm assuming you were aware of this one since you were involved in the thread - but it was 2+ years ago. Here's the link:
ISO 13485, FDA's QSR, CMDR, MDD: Seeking Correlation Matrix

Look as the attachment to Post #8. Is this what you were looking for?

-Steve
(OOPS!! Just looked back at the post you said you already found - and I found the same one. Sorry 'bout that. )
  Post Number #8  
Old 8th December 2006, 04:08 AM
Ajit Basrur

Total Posts: 6,205

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Al Rosen View Post

Thanks, I have that and was hoping to add the CMDR to it.
Al, did you get it ?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >