The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
ISO 13485 Audit Finding on Regulatory Issues - Internal Audits
Please read this thread...
Software update
ISO 13485 Audit Finding on Regulatory Issues - Internal Audits
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

ISO 13485 Audit Finding on Regulatory Issues - Internal Audits - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
audit nonconformances and findings, certification audits, certifications (to a standard), cmdcas certification, internal audits, iso 13485 - medical device qms, mdd (medical device directive), registration audits, registration to a standard, tga (therapeutic goods administration)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 24th July 2011, 05:35 PM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 9,255
Re: ISO 13485 Audit Finding - Internal Audits

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jennifer Kirley View Post

Did I get that right, Sidney?
Hi Jennifer.
Yes, you got the essence of my post. But let me add: Assuring regulatory compliance via internal audits is like driving a car forward by looking at the rear view mirrors (pardon the cliche'). Internal audits are just one component of the check step in the PDCA cycle.

Compliance with regulatory regulations, just like focus on customer satisfaction and product conformity CAN ONLY be sustainably achieved if the tasks and activities necessary are EMBEDDED in the business processes of the organization. Some of the regulatory requirements any organization has to comply with are part of the QMS; So, if I internally audit my QMS thoroughly, I am ALSO checking if my organization has a system to ensure regulatory compliance or not, thus no need for a separate internal regulatory compliance audit.

Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >