The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
iso 9000 document family, iso 9001 - quality management systems

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 1st January 2018, 04:47 AM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,555
Question Re: The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Jim Wynne View Post

It all looks like ISOspeak gobbledygook to me. I especially enjoyed this bit:
I think the 2008 revision of ISO 9001 is evidence of this "latent power," which is the power to make insignificant changes in the face of "monumental challenges."
How do you see this now that it is 2018 and ISO 9001:2015 is the current standard which essentially added "Risk"?

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 4th January 2018, 10:11 AM
al40

Total Posts: 510
Re: The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family

More confusing language for those trying to consider if they want to obtain ISO and join our "ecosystem"..
Best,
Al40
  Post Number #11  
Old 4th January 2018, 11:59 AM
Sidney Vianna

Total Posts: 9,347
Re: The ISO 9000 ecosystem - a clear(?) vision for the future of the ISO 9000 family

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by al40 View Post

More confusing language for those trying to consider if they want to obtain ISO and join our "ecosystem".
If you are referring to the paper which triggered this thread, remember: it is almost 8 years old and the gentleman who wrote is long gone from the chairmanship position.

One paragraph that caught my attention when I re-read it, says:
Quote:
But much, much more is necessary to make the ecosystem viable – things like tools, case studies, white papers, standard implementation collateral, communication vehicles and feedback mechanisms -- all elements that sustain and invigorate the primary standards, make them more robust and easy to use, and propel them into new application domains, adapting as they go.
As we realize that such "collateral" documents would mean that fewer consultants, books and implementation services would be used by organizations deploying the standards, we know that such proposal would be DOA (dead on arrival), as the TC 176 is highly influenced by consultants, which means they would not vote for the development of material that would make their (paid) services less demanded.

But the actual proposal makes a lot of sense to me. Maybe this is one of the reasons this gentleman's chairmanship position did not last very long.
  Post Number #12  
Old 5th January 2018, 03:26 PM
Jim Wynne

Total Posts: 14,199

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Marc View Post

How do you see this now that it is 2018 and ISO 9001:2015 is the current standard which essentially added "Risk"?
I'm retired now, and frankly I haven't been paying too much attention to the 2015 revision. I did go over the draft when I was still working, though. I don't think anything has really changed.
Thank You to Jim Wynne for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >