The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Management Review - Process Performance & Product Conformity vs. Quality Performance
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Management Review - Process Performance & Product Conformity vs. Quality Performance
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 22nd April 2003, 04:59 AM
Marie_2007

Total Posts: 9
Question Management Review - Process Performance & Product Conformity vs. Quality Performance

Regarding one of the information required during management review in the ISO 9K:
how does "process performance and product conformity" differ with quality performance? Is this just the same???

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 22nd April 2003, 05:53 AM
Claes Gefvenberg

Total Posts: 4,952
Quid Pro Quo Welcome

Hello Marie, and welcome to the Cove

Err.... I know that "process performance and product conformity" are among the required inputs for Management Review (5.6.2c), but I can't find "quality performance" in the text?

Anyway, I would say that process performance and product conformity ought to be a part of the overall quality performance...

/Claes
  Post Number #3  
Old 22nd April 2003, 07:34 AM
NYHawkeye - 2005

Total Posts: 89
Hi Marie -

Are you perhaps looking at the management representative requirements of 5.5.2 b) for "reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement..."?

If this is what you are looking at then I would say that if you hold management reviews and cover all of the topics identified in 5.6.2 then you will be satisfying the requirement of 5.5.2. I don't think that the requirements differ, they are just restated in separate sections.
  Post Number #4  
Old 22nd April 2003, 09:04 PM
Marie_2007

Question Management Review

Thank you for your input, but i want to clarify the reports needed to support the requirement "process performance and product conformity"(5.6.2c)

Will the following data can do:
% yield achievement, % Lot Acceptance Rate(LAR), % Scrap, etc.
  Post Number #5  
Old 22nd April 2003, 11:07 PM
energy

Total Posts: n/a
Re: Management Review

Quote:
Marie said:

Thank you for your input, but i want to clarify the reports needed to support the requirement "process performance and product conformity"(5.6.2c)

Will the following data can do:
% yield achievement, % Lot Acceptance Rate(LAR), % Scrap, etc.
Marie,

It's whatever you want it to be. It could be the number CAR's, Scar's, Internal Audit findings, late deliveries, late shipping dates, etc.. You set the goals and objectives. Worker's injuries, tardiness, absenteeism, etc. The possibilities are abundant. You just have to choose what's important to the business and measure it and report it. Ask pancreas to give you ideas of goals and measurables and use them as part of Mgt review. He has a good download of those items. I lost mine and don't need them anymore, anyway! Seriously, there are mandatory requirements in the standard for inputs and outputs. You decide how to satisfy those requirements. It's your call and nobody can second guess you!
  Post Number #6  
Old 22nd April 2003, 11:34 PM
Marie_2007

Thanks energy!
Now it is clearer to me. thanks again.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >