The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

"Shop-Floor Work Instruction" ? How important they are? - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
work instructions (wi)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 14th February 2006, 02:10 PM
dmytry

Total Posts: n/a
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by CarolX

Sorry, I do not have any examples.

Why would you find it hard to believe that a small shop would have work instructions, but they are hand written.

15 years ago, before we tripled in size and computerised our system, all work instructions we hand written and delivered to the machines on paper. It gave details on what tools to use, and which program to call up. I am sure there are thousands of small shops that still operate this way. Why wouldn't they?
Hi Carol, :-) off course I believe you!

I just thought that as a side effect of computerization all papers should eventually disappear. But that was just an "emotion".

thank you,
-dm

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 14th February 2006, 05:24 PM
CarolX

Total Posts: 2,168
Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by dmytry

I just thought that as a side effect of computerization all papers should eventually disappear.
I think eventually, paper will be obsolete, but, IMHO...that is still several years away.
  Post Number #11  
Old 14th February 2006, 09:01 PM
Caster

Total Posts: 924
Thinking software?

Quote:

..... could you refer me to some application which will generate detailed "Operation Sheet" for the process and will not require you to enter any information about equipment/tools/fixtures/order of operations when you describe the process? This application should work like this:
Quote:

.....- when you are entering information into the system, _you never tell the system how to make_ it (I mean in which order what equipment/tools/fixtures to use). You just enter the info about _what should be done_ (80% is geometry and you can get it from the file with drawing)
- you press the button and you get the process sheet ttached above ....

Dmytry

OK, I think I see what you are looking for. And I have not ever seen such a thing.

It would seem to me to have to be some kind of artificial intelligence system.

What you describe is what our manufacturing engineers do with their brains and expertise. I am unaware of any current software that can replace them. Maybe it exists and I am unaware of it. If you can build this, you deserve to get rich!

Interesting!
  Post Number #12  
Old 26th August 2017, 12:41 AM
jose_daniel111

Total Posts: 3
Re: Thinking software?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Caster View Post

Dmytry

OK, I think I see what you are looking for. And I have not ever seen such a thing.

It would seem to me to have to be some kind of artificial intelligence system.

What you describe is what our manufacturing engineers do with their brains and expertise. I am unaware of any current software that can replace them. Maybe it exists and I am unaware of it. If you can build this, you deserve to get rich!

Interesting!
So? I'm reading this 11 years later, what happened?

Enviado desde mi BLL-L23 mediante Tapatalk

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >