Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Greenlight Guru as a Medical Device software solution

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
medical device software, software (off the shelf), software tools (for qa statistics doc control etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 31st May 2016, 05:24 AM
MiaQMS

Total Posts: 15
Please Help! Greenlight Guru as a Medical Device software solution

Hi, I've been an Elmar Cove lurker for a while... thought it was time to jump in......just wondering if anyone has come across Greenlight guru as a Medical Device software solution, primarily for the Design and Development of Medical Devices, and complying with FDA and 13485.

Background....we currently manufacture and design medical devices in the UK. No current QMS software system in place, simply paper and electronic based system. Expanding rapidly and in need of more resource/help to keep QMS up to speed.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 3rd June 2016, 07:10 AM
alimary15

Total Posts: 39
Re: Greenlight Guru as a Medical Device software solution

Hi !

I recently heard about Green Light Guru, tough it is still a start up so I am not sure if they might be able to provide a full solution or easily implemented and tailoarable IT extensions.

From my knowledge, I have been looking into these other solutions, which seem to be already quite established:
-Polarion ALM
-PTC integrity
-Aligned Elements Ch.

I do personally favor both Polarion and PTC integrity. Depends on the complexity level of the solution you want to aim for.

Hope this helps !
Thank You to alimary15 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 3rd June 2016, 07:21 AM
MiaQMS

Total Posts: 15

Thank you alimary15, I will look into these.
  Post Number #4  
Old 18th October 2017, 04:27 PM
marciag

Total Posts: 1

Ive been looking at greenlight guru and Mastercontrol. Still curious if anyone has actually used geenlight. I like the looks of it, but since its a start up I cant get any reviews. Anyone have any more feedback on a small company QMS?
  Post Number #5  
Old 22nd October 2017, 09:52 AM
bpoole99

Total Posts: 1

MiaQMS, I came across the GreenLight Guru product about six or eight months ago. I too worked with paper systems for many, many years before stumbling onto GreenLight. They have a nice, simple to use interface which is really intuitive. I really like it because it gives the benefit of everything that comes with a "digital DHF" (signatures, searchability, traceability, etc) without adding a lot of unnecessary overhead.

I would also add that although they are still a fairly new organization, I have been extremely impressed with how responsive they are and how easy it is to communicate with them. Also, even though their original product was focused more on the development side, I know that they are real close to releasing an aftermarket module that should tie in quite nicely with their development tools.

Last edited by bpoole99; 22nd October 2017 at 10:16 AM.
Thanks to bpoole99 for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #6  
Old 23rd October 2017, 05:55 AM
locutus

Total Posts: 43

I personally have not used Greenlight Guru's application, but if you are looking for an eQMS solution there are a myriad of options out there. My own personal opinion is there are two things to look at 1) if it fits your organisation and expectation and 2) cost.

As there are Windows users and Mac users, same holds true for eQMS systems - the look, feel, functionality, tailorability (not really a word), expansion, etc., are all key considerations. If they have a demo, definitely try those out first to get the feel for what the application can do for your replacement hard copy information. And then of course how much does it cost .
Thanks to locutus for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #7  
Old 8th December 2017, 05:20 AM
csa14

Total Posts: 3

I just wondered if there are any recent updates on this thread?
We are looking for an eQMS system, ideally with digital sign-off of documents and an organizational structure that would allow 3rd parties to upload docs directly without visibility of the entire documentation scope.
Because we are working with several subcontractors, having a snapshot of document progress would be handy (rather than keeping this information in excel).
Anyone have some useful feedback?
Thanks!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >