List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes - Page 2

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
fda classification, gmdn (global medical device nomenclature), gmdn codes, medical device listing codes and classifications, medical devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.71 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 10th September 2009, 11:05 PM
harry

Total Posts: 6,290
Re: List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by kellenliu View Post

i have umdns codes send to you ,i hope we can give some help for you!
Welcome to the Cove.

Try this link for your search - you need to key in the code after clicking AMDNS.

http://www.mdco.gov.hk/english/sd/sd.html

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 15th September 2009, 08:16 AM
smorvan

Total Posts: 4

Unfortunately, the database search is incomplete... 38161 Spinal Cage is not listed in there.

Anyone with a better link or a document they can send?

The excel file posted in another thread does not work either, it stops around 18172.

Thanks for helping.

Stephane
  Post Number #11  
Old 17th December 2009, 10:21 AM
LievenDW

Total Posts: 31

As far as I know you have to become a member of GMDN to access the codes, and it is not allowed for members to distribute the codes. However, the high membership fees don't make it very attractive to apply for it.
  Post Number #12  
Old 24th November 2010, 05:21 AM
MirekJ

Total Posts: 1

GMDN agency has a good lobbying, so please acclimate to universal application of GMDN codes. Almost all Notified Bodies in Europe have started with using codes. It is bad information for manufactures and distributors - high costs - for me it is next tax.
  Post Number #13  
Old 1st June 2011, 02:58 AM
SuzieShu

Total Posts: 1

I have a friend who wants to get the GMDN code, as far as we know, the code is restricted with the manufactuer and the product so the porduct can be easily traced through this GMDN code, while in GMDN agency website, we found that a lot of codes are listed and after we pay the membership fee, we have the access, then it means it only relates to product,not manufactuer, so can you please help me on clarifying this?Thanks!
  Post Number #14  
Old 1st June 2011, 04:10 AM
SteveK

Total Posts: 788
Lurker Re: List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes

Hi Suzie,

The GMDN code is for the particular product type. However, the wording/definition relating to a particular code number can change over time (or be made obsolescent). As a manufacturer, if you are a member of GMDN they will inform you of the change (I have emails from the GMDN agency to this effect the changes can be very subtle though!) - or you can track changes on the site (as a member). Obviously, if you acquired a number by other means (i.e. not as a member) you will probably be unaware of this. On the TGA site for example, some of the devices registered that I have looked at often indicate an out of date GMDN number correct at the time of registration though, so I do not know if this is an issue with a particular regulatory body.

Steve
Thanks to SteveK for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #15  
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:00 PM
remekim

Total Posts: 2

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by fangbaowang View Post

I have found several lists of GMDN codes, but I still can't find codes of 35389 and 45042.
Why? Who can help me ?
I attaching a list of GMDN codes as an example.
Hello!
I'm new in this forum. I have download your GMDN list but I would need the codes from 44688 to 51084 more or less. Please, could you tell me where can I found??
Thank you in advance.
  Post Number #16  
Old 26th September 2011, 02:59 AM
LievenDW

Total Posts: 31

GMDNS Definition : Syringe, hypodermic, insulin[35389]

A device with a small barrel with plunger, calibrated in units of insulin, used with a needle to administer (infuse) insulin subcutaneously.

Primary Code and Term
35389 - Syringe, hypodermic, insulin

GMDNS Definition : Syringe, hypodermic, metered delivery, retractable needle[45042]

A device with a retractable needle that has the same function as a standard hypodermic syringe with an attached needle. This device has a graduated barrel with plunger designed to deliver (infuse) an accurate metered dosage of a substance (medicine/drug) throughout the administration of an injection. Incorporated in the design is a needle retraction mechanism allowing the needle to be shielded (e.g., retracted into the syringe barrel and secured there) to protect personnel/people from sharps injuries. This is a single-use device, which can be used by healthcare personnel or the public.

Primary Code and Term
45042 - Syringe, hypodermic, metered delivery, retractable needle
Thanks to LievenDW for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >