The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PACS)
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PACS)
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
canada, class i medical device, class ii medical device, european union, european union regulations and standards, fda (food and drug administration), fda classification, medical device listing codes and classifications, medical device software, software (general topics), tga (therapeutic goods administration), tga classification, medical devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 13th June 2012, 12:24 PM
cmeby

Total Posts: 26
Please Help! Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PACS)

Hello
I am wondering if anyone can clarify for me the proper classification of a device that is :
Software Image Processing - similar to PACS
In Canada - Class II - diagnostic quality viewer with measuring
In FDA - Class II - diagnostic quality viewer
In Europe - Class I with measuring function

I am confused with the TGA classification.
Thinking it is Class I measuring, like Europe.....but auditor thinks it may be Class IIa.

Any help would be great!!

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 13th June 2012, 07:17 PM
Ronen E

Total Posts: 3,736
Re: Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PA

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by cmeby View Post

Hello
I am wondering if anyone can clarify for me the proper classification of a device that is :
Software Image Processing - similar to PACS
In Canada - Class II - diagnostic quality viewer with measuring
In FDA - Class II - diagnostic quality viewer
In Europe - Class I with measuring function

I am confused with the TGA classification.
Thinking it is Class I measuring, like Europe.....but auditor thinks it may be Class IIa.

Any help would be great!!
Hi,

In general, Australian medical devices regulation is similar to the EC's.

You can refer to the ARGMD:

http://www.tga.gov.au/industry/devices-argmd.htm

and specifically to Section 8, "Differences between the Australian and European Union medical device regulatory requirements" (it's only 13 pages, and a lot would be N/A to you ).

You can also have a look at the official classification regulations:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/c...2400/sch2.html

Or, if you're still lost, send me the labeling (contact me via PM) and I'll sort it out for you.

Cheers from Down Under,
Ronen.
Thanks to Ronen E for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 14th June 2012, 08:42 AM
cmeby

Total Posts: 26
Re: Image Viewer Classification in Australia (Software Image Processing similar to PA

Thank you Ronen
The third document you referenced is the one that I used as well. I am quite confident that our device is Class I with a measuring function.
I sincerely appreciate your help.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >