TS16949 Internal Audit "What do I Do" questions

E

elkel

In an automotive company that used roll forming, injection molding and extrusion what do I audit where?
What do I audit for the QMS requirement, what do I audit for the Manufacturing Process and what do I audit for the product audit.
Any samples or help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Elke

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
In an automotive company that used roll forming, injection molding and extrusion what do I audit where?
What do I audit for the QMS requirement, what do I audit for the Manufacturing Process and what do I audit for the product audit.
Thank you
Elke

Did you ever have experience of internal auditing as per ISO TS standard?
Did you ever attend a course about ISO TS and related auditing techniques?
ISO TS is independent of the product that an organization designs and menufactures.
To audit QMS requirement you shall audit the processes of your QMS and assess if they meet customers, standard, internal requirment that you have established.
Asses the effectiviness and the efficiency of QMS processes that the organization established, wtih particular reference to the 7 documented procedures. Starting from the process mapping, analyze and assess all QMS process and all ISO TS requirement.
To audit manufacturing processes ( it depend on the number of the processes that you have to fabricate the product) you can start fron control plan, check the compliance of the controls in place, alos looking at FMEA, SPC, MSA, assess training , certification , competences, calibration, corrective and preventive actions. You can perform this in great part on the field, interviewing supervisor, engineers, technician, operator.
You should use "process approach" method, checking at the possible problem inside the folds and the linkage of the process. Your guideline should be the process flow from incoming to shipping.
As product audit, you can select a product and check if all procedures to do it are compliant with what you established. You shall also assess its packaing , labelling and conformance to customers' requirement at the shipping process.
This is an overall guidance.hope other covers cam contribute. Check also the bar"post attachment" in this forum putting ISO TS o checklist as keyword. You could review several document to have an idea of ISO TS in general.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Thank you
Elke

Here are some examples for "post attachment list" of this precious forum.
Click on link for the list of the examples.

http://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist....tby=filename&pageamt=1&criteria=product+audit

http://elsmar.com/Forums/fileslist....tby=filename&pageamt=1&criteria=process+audit

AndyN

Moved On
Thank you
Elke

Elke: Have you had any training in doing internal audits? If not, I fear that asking your questions here will be of little practical use, because we can't completely answer with the information you've given. I suggest that, if you have no training, you find a training provider. It will be better in the long run, trust me. Where are you located? Some of our friends here offer training on these very topics - and they will tell you, also that the answers which they provide in 2, 3 or even 5 days of training cannot be reasonably provided in this forum!

E

elkel

Yes, i had internal auditor training, i went changed companies and went from a tier two to a tier one supplier, they have no audit system in place, and i am asked to audit the qms manufacturing process audits, product/control plan audit and post launch audits, i am getting confused here by the terms they are using. i thought the QMS covers all processes identified on the process map and it uses a turtle, what do i audit at the manufacturing process audit i would not audit in the product realization audit. i wish i could have a mentor to help me, i want to create a value add internal audit program and need help. Thank you very much for your advice... Elke

J

JRKH

Yes, i had internal auditor training, i went changed companies and went from a tier two to a tier one supplier, they have no audit system in place, and i am asked to audit the qms manufacturing process audits, product/control plan audit and post launch audits, i am getting confused here by the terms they are using. i thought the QMS covers all processes identified on the process map and it uses a turtle, what do i audit at the manufacturing process audit i would not audit in the product realization audit. i wish i could have a mentor to help me, i want to create a value add internal audit program and need help. Thank you very much for your advice... Elke

I've been out of the system for a while - but since you are tasked with setting up the audit system, may I suggest starting with a full systems audit. Sort of a high level overview audit that would allow you to
a) become better acquainted with the company, the systems, the products and the people...
b) give you a good idea where general weaknesses might exist and also give you a leg up on the questions in your opening post.

When I was preparing to leave my last job as QM of a small Mfg Co. this is what I had my replacement do when he came on board. We both found it to be most helpful....

Just a thought...

James

Top Bottom