Excel Templates for MSA Study as per 4th Edition Manual

V

V5652

hello friends,
can anybody has the Excel Templates for MSA Study as per MSA 4th Manual?
e.g. Bias, Linearity, G R&R etc.

V

V5652

Thanks for the quick reply automoto.
Can you have any template for Bias & Linearity study.
I have to know how to calculate P-Value in bias study and also Repeatability as a percentage of Tolerance and Process Variation.

automoto

Involved In Discussions
For calculating of p-value used data form type 1 MSA study (one pcs. measured 50 times with same appraiser). See explanation and formulas below.
p-value
P-value associated with t. It is the probability of seeing a t statistic as large or larger than the calculated one, assuming that the bias is zero. So as t gets larger, P gets smaller. A small P implies that the assumption that the bias = 0 is probably not true.

T
The t-statistic for testing the null hypothesis that bias = 0 versus the alternate that bias 0.
where
T=SQER(n)*ABS(X- Xm) / S
n = number of measurements
X = mean of n measurements
Xm = reference measurement
S = standard deviation
t follows the t-distribution with n degrees of freedom, where n = n-1.

Bias
The gage bias is calculated by the difference between the mean of the n measurements and the reference value.
Bias = X - Xm
where
X = mean of n measurements
Xm = reference measurement

For calculating Repeatability as a percentage of Tolerance and Process Variation use standard form for variable or type 1 MSA.

S

StewiSch

Thanks Aleš, ... referring to the question on MSA 4th edition we need to be careful referring to threads on MSA 3rd.

Your variable calculation is really smart :cool: - looking for answers using MSA 3rd edition. As constants and calculation methods have changed significantly, do you have (or know about) an updated version somewhere?

Thanks for your great support
Stephan

S

StewiSch

Thanks a lot Stijloor,
actually I am looking for Excel templates for MSA (4th ed.) gauge assessment ... type 1 and type 2 studies, for variable and attributive gauges.
Maybe someone has a hint for variable gauges ... :)
Cheers
Stephan

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks a lot Stijloor,
actually I am looking for Excel templates for MSA (4th ed.) gauge assessment ... type 1 and type 2 studies, for variable and attributive gauges.
Maybe someone has a hint for variable gauges ... :)
Cheers
Stephan

Yes, I know....;) I had an older version (MSA 3rd Ed) posted some years ago.

This one covers the MSA 4th Edition. Just something extra for our Cove Members... :D

Stijloor.

S

StewiSch

This one covers the MSA 4th Edition. Just something extra for our Cove Members... :D

Stijloor.

:read: looking at your previous attachment I find a one page power point document referring to the different chapters/pages of MSA 4 - is that what you mean :confused:
Stephan

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
:read: looking at your previous attachment I find a one page power point document referring to the different chapters/pages of MSA 4 - is that what you mean :confused:

Stephan

Yes! :agree1: The AIAG MSA 4th Ed. Manual is not an easy document to navigate through. It reads like an assembly of a variety of technical papers, and is not very user-friendly. Hence my attempt to clarify the location of the various topics and facilitate navigation. ;)

Good Luck!

Stijloor.

R

ravila

Hi automoto
Please tell me where do you take this information, i read MSA 4th edition and i cannot see a reading about repeatability study, please tell me page or a clue for searching this information in MSA 4th edition.

Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom