What are the different PPAP levels?

D

dbulak

I am not totally familiar with PPAP's. My question is what is the difference between a level 2 PPAP and a level 4 PPAP? I am not sure I understand the differences. Thanks for any help.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
dbulak said:
I am not totally familiar with PPAP's. My question is what is the difference between a level 2 PPAP and a level 4 PPAP? I am not sure I understand the differences. Thanks for any help.

This answer is based on the current PPAP 3rd Edition requirements. The 4th Edition is due March 1, and requirements might change. A Level 2 PPAP submission consists of a warrant (PSW), product sample(s), design record, engineering change documents (if any), dimensional results, material and performance test results, laboratory documentation, and appearance approval report, if applicable. A Level 4 submission consists of "Warrant and other requirements as defined by the customer," which means the customer must specify the elements to be submitted.

Keep in mind that regardless of the specified PPAP submission level, the supplier is responsible for completing all of the applicable PPAP elements. The submission level defines what must be sent to the customer, not the elements that must be completed.

Top Bottom