Risks Examples in Top Management

Q

QAMTY

H everybody

In the task of detecting risk in all the QMS

As an example:
In HR, risk, poor training, in Production, to release bad product, doing this excercise in all the process, for realization and support.

But in the top management?
Could you mention which risks to focus in?

Any other area to analyze?

thanks

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
Let me add one more:

Would Weather be considered a risk? It could affect delivery, scheduling, and customer satisfaction.

For example: Our company works with energetics. Anytime there is static (within a specific target zone) due to weather (rain, lightening) the plant shuts down due to the safety risk of the employees.

How could that be mitigated?

Just curious.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
But in the top management? Could you mention which risks to focus in?
Be extra careful. If you identify top management risks and you can't demonstrate mitigation, just risk-acceptance, you might be opening your little audit-pandora-box.

I've mentioned several times, over the years, here at The Cove, examples of top management encouraging/rewarding behavior that is counterproductive to long term sustained success and customer satisfaction. Examples:

1. Top management rewards sales people who lie to their clients in order to get the order, but order is late or product does not perform as per client expectations. Top management loves the sales, but forgets that an unhappy customer can bring dire consequences.

2. Top management rewards people who shortcuts the product realization process to ship things at the end of the month. Short term cash flow seriously hurt by cost of non quality in product returns.​

Just two examples of behavioral risks in top management which are very prevalent out there. But, as I said, be careful because this can turn into a mine field for underlings, very quickly.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Let me add one more:

Would Weather be considered a risk? It could affect delivery, scheduling, and customer satisfaction.

For example: Our company works with energetics. Anytime there is static (within a specific target zone) due to weather (rain, lightening) the plant shuts down due to the safety risk of the employees.

Just curious.

Weather can be a problem and is actually more likely than a lot of risks. We had two such incidents which I can actually remember (CTE). Today, vendor in Houston is closed and petroleum based materials may become an issue. Several years ago, we had an interstate closed for a week due to lake effect snow. Everywhere else was clear, but the trucks could not get back and fourth to one of our customers due to 20 feet of snow.

Q

QAMTY

Well it depends of the objective,if the impact of the riskt is low,then you may continue working later,if the impact is high,well maybe you have to move the plant to a safe zone.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Isn't the plant shutdown already the mitigation? From what I read in your post, the mandatory plant shutdown mitigates the risk of a serious accident.

Obviously, this is a safety-risk, not necessarily a quality related risk.

Q

QAMTY

Thanks Sidney
In the task to make the transicion to 2015, the addressing the risks ,is it recommended this order?
1- Deefine 4.1
2- Define 4.2
3-Adequate Quality policy
4-Revise objectives
5- Planning 6.1 considering 4.1 and 4.2
In this Point,is revise 4.1 and 4.2 and all the processes, Including top management.
Is this the correct practice to look for risks and opportunities?
Thanks for your help

Q

QAMTY

Yes , because what the clients need from the plant, is at first the product, not the safety
of people/plant.
If plant is not able to supply him, he will look another plant.

The point is, Risk for not complying the client needs.

Top Bottom