Financial status of critical vendor

S

smohanarangan

Is there any forum or report that provides financial stability of critical vendors like broadband providers (Airtel, Aircel and TATA etc.)

Aircel recent bankrupt came so suddenly and have affected business continuity, a advance warning system will help.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
When I want to be informed about an organization's ongoing news, I set up a Google News alert. Obviously, that only works if the issue about the organization is newsworthy and becomes public.

pkost

Trusted Information Resource
Duns reports are well known and used to understand risk of organisations you provide credit to

https://www.dnb.co.uk/products/finance-credit-risk/risk-assessment-report.html

If this is a serious issue for you i suggest you speak to your finance team and have them involved in assessing the risk as they are most likely to have the expertise necessary to evaluate the information properly. Also consider that there are many experts in finance/economics who are caught unaware by large company bankruptcy - low risk does not mean no risk!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
In a typical customer/supplier relationship, the supplier is the one that gives credit to the customer by delivering products against a promise of future payment.

The information on D&B is very good, but not refreshed in a timely basis for what the OP is looking for. He needs just in time financial stability warning about critical suppliers.

That’s another reason to have thorough ongoing supplier monitoring evaluations. There are many risks out there in supply chains. The current news about Apple supply chain issues on labor fairness compliance is just another example.

Last edited:

Golfman25

For smaller companies, DUNS isn't even close.

You can hire a firm which will contact your suppliers, gather information, and provide a confidential financial score. The third party nature allows supplier to freely provide the information.

S

smohanarangan

For smaller companies, DUNS isn't even close.

You can hire a firm which will contact your suppliers, gather information, and provide a confidential financial score. The third party nature allows supplier to freely provide the information.
Not sure whether companies will provide those data. Even the consultant has to rely upon the public data and with their expertise on the matter might predict financial health.

Golfman25

Not sure whether companies will provide those data. Even the consultant has to rely upon the public data and with their expertise on the matter might predict financial health.

I suppose it's the old if you want the business you'll supply the data.

Top Bottom