I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next?
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next?

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
certifications (professional), cmq-oe (mgr. of quality & org. excellence certification), cqe (certified quality engineer)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 10th February 2018, 06:26 PM
BigDogNobody

Total Posts: 2
Question I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next?

I passed my ASQ CSSBB certification last year. I have now returned to the Quality Engineering ranks (what I did before BB). Seeing as the CQE BOK is so similar to BB, is it worth adding CQE, or just skip to CMQ/OE.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 11th February 2018, 10:07 AM
dsanabria

Total Posts: 1,357
Re: I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next?

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by BigDogNobody View Post

I passed my ASQ CSSBB certification last year. I have now returned to the Quality Engineering ranks (what I did before BB). Seeing as the CQE BOK is so similar to BB, is it worth adding CQE, or just skip to CMQ/OE.
What's the goal - better job, position, prestige or bragging rights.

Once you define it - then go for it however, while great education, most employees would prefer experience.
Thanks to dsanabria for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 12th February 2018, 09:03 AM
hogheavenfarm

Total Posts: 587

The CQE is very similar to the CSSBB, and will share alot of info. I find it easiest to stick with the same themes when taking this, so I would go that route, the CQM OE is more similar to the CQA and will not share much from the BB test.
  Post Number #4  
Old 13th February 2018, 10:58 PM
BigDogNobody

Total Posts: 2

Thanks for the responses. My company will pay for either (or both). I guess part of my question is; will the CSSBB and CQE be considered somewhat redundant? Or if I go straight for the CMQ OE, will not having the CQE be considered a gap?
  Post Number #5  
Old 14th February 2018, 10:44 AM
hogheavenfarm

Total Posts: 587

I think the CQE is considered the "pinnacle" cert for the mathematical side, whether it be SS initiatives or SPC. The CQA is on the "standards" and procedures side, less math, more documentary. The O/E is a mix of both, but with less emphasis on the Engineering side and more similar to the auditing side. The O/E takes longer to get results from as well, since the first part is a timed essay, and this is graded by humans. I admit I resorted to bullet points on this one to make the time deadline (45 minutes I think), basically "pick a case study then detail what you would do to: x,y,z". By the time you read the cases (since you have to pick just one of three), and then reread the one you decided on, then formulate a response, time just disappears.
The CQE and CQM are really two different career paths, usually exclusive unless you are a glutton for punishment like me.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >