The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols)
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
21 cfr part 11 - electronic records and signatures, electronic records, electronic signatures and approvals, sap erp (enterprise resource planning), validation (general)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 4th June 2017, 05:29 PM
ZEE9995

Total Posts: 2
Please Help! SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols)

Hello folks!

Would someone be kind enough to share examples of executed protocols of SAP Validation for part 11 compliance. GAMP5 would be ideal but other will be helpful too.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 18th June 2017, 08:36 PM
Ajit Basrur

Total Posts: 6,205
Re: SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols)

You seem to be mixing two concepts - 21 CFR Part 11 is related to Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures, and is different from GAMP requirements.

If you have to review your SAP system to 21 CFR Part 11 requirements, you can tabulate the Part 11 requirements in one column and evaluate each one with what your SAP is designed for.

Did your organization implement SAP on your own or hired SAP consultants?
  Post Number #3  
Old 27th June 2017, 08:07 PM
v9991

Total Posts: 952
Lurker Re: SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols)

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by ZEE9995 View Post

Hello folks!

Would someone be kind enough to share examples of executed protocols of SAP Validation for part 11 compliance. GAMP5 would be ideal but other will be helpful too.
Thanks
if i read correctly, that is too much of an ask!
beyond checklists for review of compliance to part-11, nothing specific is accessible for free. and , by any chance, if you have come across any reference-work, do post it back, especially i am eagerly looking for such a state where its accessible for referencE! ( I believe that, such a document by itself is only 1 step beyond a template/format...i.e., an example...because the major work (if not critical) still need to be done specific to your instance)

even if we have access to executed protocols, they have to be atleast re-configured (if not customized/redesign) specific to your instance.
( SAP requires significant amounts of configuration to each client; )

as per GAMP, if you have access to the book/document itself, then it (virtually) provides various templates which can then be implemented.

further, you could find certain usefull references from earlier discussions at end of page....and a quick recap here..viz.,
https://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=68271

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Ajit Basrur View Post

You seem to be mixing two concepts - 21 CFR Part 11 is related to Electronic Records(ER) and Electronic Signatures(ES), and is different from GAMP requirements.
GAMP is not a requirement right!, it is an (structured)approach towards employing ER/ES in GxP environment as (outlined/defined) per CFR part-11

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Ajit Basrur View Post

If you have to review your SAP system to 21 CFR Part 11 requirements, you can tabulate the Part 11 requirements in one column and evaluate each one with what your SAP is designed for.
This step is like, doing gap assessment; I cannot see SAP implementation in manufacturing/distribution environment without overlapping with some GxP requirements. ( in case its not relied upon...thru demonstrating the 'manual - systems/controls' then it is only possible with certain/sure duplication )
the point is, hence it has to go through validation at some detail/extent.

Last edited by v9991; 28th June 2017 at 10:43 AM.
  Post Number #4  
Old 12th July 2017, 08:47 PM
ZEE9995

Total Posts: 2
Re: SAP Validation for Part 11 Compliance - Examples (executed protocols)

Hello and Thank you for your replies both

Ajit,
GAMP is not a requirement its an approach or guidanc er best practise. I have specifically asked for GAMP approach because thats where we are heading as a business. So examples would have helped though I have already started working on it.

21CFR is a FDA requirement (Electronic records and Electrnic signatures) and I know you can have a complete validated system without achieving compliance to Part11. For example...if you are not selling products in US. You would still need to validate the system as per 7.5.2(9001) and 7.5.6 13485 2016 etc.

But if you have to comply with 21CFR you can still use GAMP approach, specify 21CFR in URS or FRS and reference each21CFR against them and Qualify them at OQ and PQ. You can then walk the system upon full validation through 21CFR checklist. I have done that in the past and had no issue, it was audited by FDA. System was called Adaptiv.
My query was related to SAP examples if anyone had them preferabally validated using GAMP approach.

V9999.
Thank you for your links. I already have these at hand...I just needed some SAP examples.
I have started the validation anyway so will share the templates here...SAP is not one of the best ERP when it comes to 21CFR compliance, I must say..and there is very little available free of charge online I agree.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >