The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Looking for Audit Software in the realm of K (software and training on it)
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Looking for Audit Software in the realm of $50K (software and training on it)

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
audits and auditing, software tools (for qa statistics doc control etc.)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 27th February 2013, 12:08 PM
qualityboi

Total Posts: 359
Please Help! Looking for Audit Software in the realm of $50K (software and training on it)

Hi Team,

Our company is looking for some audit software in the realm of $50K (software and training on it). The main requirements are that it has a workflow for 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits. Not only handle Corrective Actions but workflow for audit scheduling as well. It would be programmable in the sense of standards and or checklists. A huge requirement is that is can dump into excel for more customized reports. Ability to edit audit records especially closure dates at any time (this means after an audit has concluded).

Really just seeing what your companies are using and if it can work for us. We just got through 6 months of going back and forth with a company that will remain unnamed. The software is programmed by programmers and not auditors ... that was the first and probably the biggest most frustrating issue.

Thanks,

Jim

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:24 AM
dbell

Total Posts: 1
Re: Looking for Audit Software in the realm of $50K (software and training on it)

Hi Jimbo,

I think there are quite a few options out there in this price range. Main problem will come if you want local training rather than on-line. I take it Pacific Northwest means Alaska (sorry I'm from UK so don't quite know terminology) so on-line will probably be best.

Meeting all your requirements will be another issue as many developers don't want to customise solution as this costs money. I have to declare my hand and say I work for a company in Dubai that can do this and certainly within your price range. Don't want to get chucked off forum as I am newbie so I've tried to abide by rules.

Currently our reports are crystal but we can dump to excel.

Send me an email if you want more info.

Last edited by dbell; 3rd March 2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Add more info.
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:04 PM
sagai

Total Posts: 1,094
Re: Looking for Audit Software in the realm of $50K (software and training on it)

I have just completed one for no money unless to mention the labour cost of myself and my fellow colleagues were involved. Yes, some IT stuff also involved but nothing serious. It does the job from audit planning, audit management and administration till capa management including workflow management, common network authentication, etc. as well. All integrated into one integrated global kind of system.
This is the holy grail for audits and all surrounding activities, I had plan to publish a how to in general, but it's still a plan for my spare time
Look for free customizable tracking systems like trac and redmine.
Cheers!
  Post Number #4  
Old 17th January 2014, 09:07 AM
tbittle

Total Posts: 6

Dbell & Sagai, I want to contact both of you about your software, but sending you a private message or email is not an option! It looks like you've disabled the ability. Could you private message/email me so I can contact you? I am very interested in both of your software options, as I'm looking for only auditing software, not an entire Quality database. Thank you!
  Post Number #5  
Old 17th January 2014, 09:14 AM
tbittle

It looks like maybe I haven't posted enough times to PM you...It looked like it was going to let me send a message, but said afterward I can only message administrators...so I don't know if it sent. I hope you check this thread and we can get in touch!
  Post Number #6  
Old 17th January 2014, 09:18 AM
maaquilino

Total Posts: 108

I'm not personally familiar with any packages that would fit your needs, but a Google search for - software for audits and capa - turned up a bunch of them. Someone else on here may be familiar with some of them.
  Post Number #7  
Old 17th January 2014, 09:21 AM
tbittle

Thanks. What I've found so far in my searches is that a lot of the "CAPA" databases are TOO robust. I don't need anything to track vendor or inventory nonconformances. I ONLY need software that applies to auditing. We have something that manages those other areas. They just seem to get too expensive because they're more than we're looking for.
  Post Number #8  
Old 4th June 2014, 08:05 AM
tbittle

My company is currently looking in to audit software from a company called The QAB. It was designed to be specifically audit software because most QMS software you find out there either doesn't include audits or includes so much other stuff on top of audits that it's not at all practical, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. We have been impressed with the ease of use of the software. It is very intuitive and requires minimal training. The pricing is VERY reasonable compared to other software I looked at (WAY less than the $50K you're looking to spend!!!). The people have been great to work with and it is by far the best solution I've seen since I started my search at the beginning of this year.

Send me a message if you want more info or you can find Paul Garber on this Elsmar Cove forum site and he can help you out. Good luck!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >