The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
IMDS - Help (Common Warning and Error Fixes)
Please read this thread...
Software update
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
imds (international material data system)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 20th July 2018, 02:55 PM
webere

Total Posts: 4
Please Help! IMDS - Help (Common Warning and Error Fixes)

All:

I am having some trouble with IMDS, I have submitted information to a User of IMDS, but my submission contain the Warning Below "Different types of nodes (components, semi-components, materials) are used at the same level."
I have been using IMDS for some time and I have seen this warning but this has never stopped a User from accepting the IMDS Submission. I have been trying to read about the warning and fixes for it, but nothing is working. Has anyone ever dealt with this before, and know how to fix it??

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 20th July 2018, 03:14 PM
optomist1

Total Posts: 403
Re: IMDS - Help (Common Warning and Error Fixes)

IMDS is one PPAP requirement that always posses challenges even for experienced users....have you tried the IMDS help desk below? I know that most if not all OEMs, will not/do not provide IMDS system support...

https://public.mdsystem.com/en/web/i...ervice-centers

Hope it helps...optomist1
  Post Number #3  
Old 20th July 2018, 03:23 PM
webere

Yes, I have send an email to the Help Desk. I have received no response as of about an hour ago. I have found on the online, common fixes to Errors and Warnings.
This the fix provided "Go to the component or semi-component in question and add a component or semi-component on the fly and add the rest underneath"
But it doesn't work I have tried to add new components and remove them, but I still have the same warning. As I have said I don't think the reject is valid, but I am trying to find a way to remove the warning.
  Post Number #4  
Old 24th July 2018, 03:18 PM
Kimmy

Total Posts: 51

Did you check IMDS Recommendation 001? It discusses node structure. I have made that mistake before but I always corrected it before I tried to send it.
  Post Number #5  
Old 24th July 2018, 03:23 PM
webere

Kimmy,

Thanks, but what is that??? I have seen the recommendation for this. But How does that fix the structure??
  Post Number #6  
Old 25th July 2018, 10:44 AM
Kimmy

Total Posts: 51

Ok. It is tricky, especially when you get into assemblies.

Once you create a component module for your part, you can insert one or more semi component modules OR material modules OR other component modules underneath but you cannot mix them. So you can’t insert a semi component AND a component. You also cannot insert a material module AND another component or semi component.

Let me give you an example of one of our parts, a coiled spring assembly called Spring XYZ.

Spring XYZ assembly consists of a coiled spring made from steel wire which is painted black and then a plastic bushing is inserted into the end of the spring.

I would need the following material modules to start: A material module for the steel wire with the substances that make up the wire underneath, a material module for the paint coating with the substances that are in the paint listed underneath, a material module for the plastic that the bushing is made from with the substances listed underneath.

I create a component module called Bushing xyz and insert the material module for the plastic under it.

I create a Spring xyz module and insert the material module for the music wire AND the material module for the paint underneath that.

Now I assembly my part by creating a Spring XYZ Assembly component module. Under that, I insert the bushing xyz module and the spring xyz module.

Does this help?

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >