The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

REACH - A few of the hundreds components in my product no longer meet requirement

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
electronic components parts assemblies and products, reach rohs, rohs (restriction of hazardous substances)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 3rd September 2018, 03:00 PM
ProblemChild

Total Posts: 11
Let Me Help You REACH - A few of the hundreds components in my product no longer meet requirement

How could it impact the business if all of sudden few of the components used in the product ( electronics assembly) are found to have the new restricted substances per the ever-increasing chemical list under REACH?

Are we obligated to replace those affected parts, have our customers to re-qualify the products ( assuming some of those parts are critical), before we can import our product into EU?

Anyone here has been asked by their tier 1 customer to replace the part if it does not meet the updated list's requirement?

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 4th September 2018, 06:48 AM
mattador78

Total Posts: 6
Re: REACH - A few of the hundreds components in my product no longer meet requirement

Speaking of my own experience of REACH it depends upon the usage of your parts most Aerospace Automotive and Defence parts are exempt anyway. Also many products are still available after their sunset date due to appeals from major companies, our usage of chromium trioxide is covered by a letter of assurance that the product was purchased through one of the 7 major companies who appealed against the withdrawal of the chemistry.
google jonesreachday ctac as I cant post links on here yet
It is a bit of a minefield As you can see this isn't information REACH make easily available on their website. Hope it gives you an idea
  Post Number #3  
Old 4th September 2018, 08:50 PM
QuinnM

Total Posts: 23
Re: REACH - A few of the hundreds components in my product no longer meet requirement

Hi ProblemChild,

Assuming you are a business outside the EU…

If you are referring to the SVHC, Substances of Very High Concern, then the requirement is to notify the recipient of the article. You do not have to remove these from your product(s).

If you are referring to the Substances restricted under REACH, then you are correct the substances have limited use, or are banned.

As mattador78 noted maybe you are exempt.

Take care,
Quinn

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >