Third Edition Upgrade Surveillance

B

Bryon C Simmons

Just went through Third Edition surveillance. All went well. Had some interpretation issues withthe auditor, but learned a few things today.

Let me know if you would like some details.....I will tell you as much as I can.

Bryon

------------------
Bryon Simmons
ASQ: CQE, CQA; CQMgr

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Would love to hear (read) the 'details'! On with the show! Tell us everything!

B

Bryon C Simmons

Well, here goes nothin......

We were audited to the Third Edition. There was a definite focus on EACH of the new requirements, whether they were process-related or not. We were asked about our methods for each of the "shalls". The auditor spent quitte a bit of time investigating the confidentiality clause in 4.4 I found that to be rather interesting. Also, there semmes to be an increased focus on Continuous Improvement issues; how do you show that stated C.I. goals are being met, and that it is actually Continuous Improvement.

The supplier laboratory requirements (4.10.6) also were a major focus. Make sure your calibration suppliers are A2LA or equiv. This is important. Also, those personnel in-house who are making calibration and testing decisions, be sure to show that they are qualified to make such decisions.

Control your business plan. THis was also a focus.

Final dock audits. This is definitely my favorite. I worte a level 3, and stated that only jobs with problems would be "audited". This was sufficient. Specify the interval of audit, and you should be fine.

More later. I am looking at a T&E egistration audit in a week. That should be fun.

Will keep you "posted"

------------------
Bryon Simmons
ASQ: CQE, CQA; CQMgr

R

Roger Eastin

Was subcontractor development stressed much? They seem to be strengthening their position on this. I notice that AIAG has been making progress on their sub-tier development task force.

Top Bottom