Element 4.1.8 of Ford's MS-9000 requires a system of house keeping

B

Bill Smith

This is for all you Q1 Suppliers to Ford.

Element 4.1.8 of MS-9000 requires a system of house keeping but the scope is very vague. Does anyone care to describe the scope of their program.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This is pretty vague as it's so subjective. I'll address this from a general standpoint as housekeeping is pretty much an issue in any audit.

When I start out with a client the first thing I look at is housekeeping as its everywhere. As long as your place is neat and clean you're in good shape.

Consideration is given to the type of operations. Metal working businesses are typically harder to keep 'clean' than those in electronics.

This shouldn't be a toughie for you.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Any contemporary comments on Ford's MS-9000? Is Ford still using it?

H

Hermann - 2011

I think MS-9000 was officially replaced by the Manufacturing Site Assessment which is a 20 page excel evaluation sheet with macros behind it.
An annual MSA evaluation is prerequisite for Q1.
The question on housekeeping is still very genaral and can be answered by quoting "5S".

B

Bigfoot

Hermann said:
I think MS-9000 was officially replaced by the Manufacturing Site Assessment which is a 20 page excel evaluation sheet with macros behind it.
An annual MSA evaluation is prerequisite for Q1.
The question on housekeeping is still very genaral and can be answered by quoting "5S".

Going through the Manufacturing Site assessment last May we were evaluated to the MMOG requirements by the STA conducting the assessment. I believe this is what has replaced the MS-9000.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom