PPAP: Submission, requirement to have all data in one file?

B

Blaest

Hi,

It is not clear to me wether it is a requirement regarding the submission to submti/retain the data in a single file (stored in one location) or if the data can be stored in different places like databases.

Table 3.2 states: "..PPAP file reflect the production process"
Table 4.2 states: "..shall retain at appropriata locations"

So how is it, do I need all the information in one file or can I retain the information at different locations?

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I suppose it's both. You can keep active documents such as control plans in usable locations. But I image many companies have a full copy of the submitted ppap docs stored away somewhere.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi,

It is not clear to me wether it is a requirement regarding the submission to submti/retain the data in a single file (stored in one location) or if the data can be stored in different places like databases.

Table 3.2 states: "..PPAP file reflect the production process"
Table 4.2 states: "..shall retain at appropriata locations"

So how is it, do I need all the information in one file or can I retain the information at different locations?

So long as you can retrieve the various elements in a reasonable amount of time, you can do it however you want. Control might be an issue--ensuring that what you retrieve was what you submitted. That's the main reason that it's almost always best to keep an intact duplicate of what's submitted.

E

Edustrial

The best way to gather the information is to have separate folders:

One for the heads of the project (Confident).

One for the people that use and consult the information in order to execute their tasks within those documents.

And as an ISO recommendation you should have another folder for "obsolete" documents.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
The best way to gather the information is to have separate folders:

One for the heads of the project (Confident).

One for the people that use and consult the information in order to execute their tasks within those documents.

And as an ISO recommendation you should have another folder for "obsolete" documents.
The question was about filing of a PPAP package that's been (or is about to be) submitted, so I'm not sure how your suggestions apply.

Top Bottom