Online Navigation of Procedures and Quality System Documents

A

amariepsu

I'm having trouble deciding the method for employees to be able to access the online versions of Quality System documentation.

How do you do this at your company? We do not have an intranet, and I want everyone to be able to access the documents easily.

Any tips?

M

maaquilino

The company I'm at currently has them on a separate network drive and people have read-only access to pdf versions of the approved procedures. The Quality Manager controls access to documents when they need to be revised and then updates the network drive with the updated versions.

One thing you have to ensure is that only the most current documents are being used. If people are allowed to print off procedures and never check to see if they've been updated, they could end up using an obsolete procedure, which could result in adulterated product. Our documents are printed off with a watermark and are only good until midnight of the day they're printed.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
I'm having trouble deciding the method for employees to be able to access the online versions of Quality System documentation.

How do you do this at your company? We do not have an intranet, and I want everyone to be able to access the documents easily.

Any tips?

We use a wiki. A wiki is an intranet, but easy to set up and maintain. It keeps your docs controlled and available, and fosters collaboration and continuous improvement.

W

Wilderness Woody

Any tips?

Without having in internal intranet, then the options for "online" access seem to be either rudimentary network drive access or locate the data through an extranet (web site) if people have access to the web or externally hosted site.

I would strongly recommend some form of intranet as it provides a platform for communication throughout the business.

Top Bottom