Changes I have to make in the QMS - ISO 9000:2000 to ISO 9000:2008

S

Shripad Panvalkar

Hi all,

What all changes I have to make in the QMS while shifting from ISO 9000:2000 to ISO 9000:2008 ?

V

vipin_kumar

Re: shifting from ISO 9000:2000 to ISO 9000:2008

As far as i understood the folowing are the main changes
1. Selection and evaluation criteria for venders/sub-contractors must be there and there progress must be monitored. i.e. the responsibility lies with the organization itself.
2. Effectiveness of the corrective action to be monitered.
3. MR should be an employee of the organization and pereferbly from management.
4. other changes are minor changes and are at the backside of 2008 standard.

Regards
Vipin

Big Jim

Admin
Re: shifting from ISO 9000:2000 to ISO 9000:2008

I would suggest that you contact your registrar and see if they have some sort of a summary of the changes. Many do.

There are no new requirements. The revision essentially cleaned up some minor ambiguities discovered since publication of the 2000 version.

You need to confirm that your understanding and practice is in line with the revisions. Many companies do not need to make any changes other than replace ISO 9001:2000 with ISO 9001:2008 in their documentation. It would be best to keep some sort of a record to show your auditor that you did confirm that you considered the wording changes.

If your registrar does not have such a summary, PM me and I will send you one.

D

DrM2u

Hi all,

What all changes I have to make in the QMS while shifting from ISO 9000:2000 to ISO 9000:2008 ?
Here is the answer you are seeking::read:

- Get your copy of ISO 9001:2008; if you don't have one, buy one
- Look at Annex B; it highlights the changes from 2000 to 2008 version as addtitions or deletions

Overall, there are no major/significant changes. Most changes are clarifications on old requirements. There are a few minor additions but nothing puzzling. Your rgistrar should be able to provide you with some guidance over the phone or a gap analysis during the next audit.

Corrections to Vipin's reply:
- the requirement IS NOT for the MR to be an employee of the organization, it IS for the MR to be part of the organization's management
- there are no changes to clause 7.4 (selection criteria and monitoring of suppliers)

Randy

Super Moderator
You really don't have to do anything different as previously stated.

Stay away from people that say you have to change because lightning going to strike real close.

Top Bottom