New Guidance for FAA 145's with EASA Authority

C

Chaz243

While preparing for our EASA continuation I found that the MIP-G has been superseded by something called "MAG - Maintenance Annex Guidence"... On the EASA.europa.eu site it states "MIP-G until May 1, 2011 and MAG thereafter"... The MAG appears to be very similar to if not exactly the same as the MIP-G with the exception of much more detail in the area of FAA oversight...

Any EASA certificated 145's please weigh in and tell what you see that may be different...

Here is a link to the guidence... I had to post the link in text format because the site wont let me post links yet... Affraid I might be a spammer I suppose...

See paragraph 3 - Working procedures for Part-145 organisations located in the USA:

http://easa.europa.eu/approvals-and...rganisations-located-in-the-united-states.php

B

BadgerMan

I was just made aware of this today. I don't know anything more than you have already posted. Stay tuned.

C

Chaz243

Thanks Badger, I will stay tuned and update after our "audit" by the FAA... I have an addendum (question) for any other EASA members in the US... In your experience, does the FAA accomplish EASA renewals as a stand alone event or during their normal surveillance??? We have been EASA members for a few years and our FAA has always treated it as a stand alone event...

The way the MAG, formerly the MIP, reads it seems that they should be accomplishing EASA related surveillance during normal FAA surveillance... That would negate the need for a stand alone audit... I was just wondering how this is handled with other facilities...

Ivo Schaefer

Registered
I had a EASA/FAA MAG workshop earlier this week in Cologne.
Things should get better on both sides of the big pond. It's correct hat there won't be a stand alone audit by EASA (for the US) or FAA (for the 18 EU memberstates under this MAG)

Basis will be your FAA certification. FAA inspectors will do the (normal) audit and that will be recognised by EASA and should be sufficient to maintain your EASA certification

C

Chaz243

I had a EASA/FAA MAG workshop earlier this week in Cologne.
Things should get better on both sides of the big pond. It's correct hat there won't be a stand alone audit by EASA (for the US) or FAA (for the 18 EU memberstates under this MAG)

Basis will be your FAA certification. FAA inspectors will do the (normal) audit and that will be recognised by EASA and should be sufficient to maintain your EASA certification
Thanks Ivo, we will be attending the FAA version of the MAG workshop next week... I certainly hope that they (FAA/EASA) have worked things out so that there is less confusion in the future... This should be a fairly easy process since the certifications are based on the repair stations standing with their NAA...

Top Bottom