The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Ballooning a Print (Drawing) - A correct way to do a "bubble" print for a PPAP - Page 5

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
ballooned drawings, drawing (also see prints), ppap (production part approval process), prints (drawings or blueprints)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
  Post Number #33  
Old 6th April 2017, 11:04 AM
Proud Liberal

Total Posts: 135
Re: Ballooning a Print (Drawing) - A correct way to do a "bubble" print for a PPAP

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by Bill Ryan - 2007 View Post

I have never seen a "How to number a print for dummies" book (although it would not surprise me that some yahoo with too much time might have actually written one ).

Bill
I guess I come close to being that yahoo. Although I didn't write a book, the attached procedure does do quite an anal-retentive stab at it. The basic approach I use is to make it easy for engineering to read an inspection report even if they don't have a copy of the ballooned prints in front of them.

1. Balloon numbers are based on part features (not dimensions). ie: a hole with a diameter, position, form tolerance gets a single balloon number which results in all dimensions related to the feature appear together on the report.

2. Views, sections, and details are numbered in order (numerical or alphabetical). Reports print out in a logical order.

3. Numbering in each view, section, or detail always starts at 6:00 o'clock making it possible to use an un-ballooned print if necessary.
Attached Files: 1. Scan for viruses before using, 2. Please report any 'bad' files by Reporting this post, 3. Use at your Own Risk.
File Type: docx PQS 6102 WRK INSTR - Metrology, Blueprint Numbering.docx (55.1 KB, 11 views)

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #34  
Old 11th April 2017, 04:21 PM
Courier

Total Posts: 31
Re: Ballooning a Print (Drawing) - A correct way to do a "bubble" print for a PPAP

Tabor gave me a Dynamic stamp for PDF's some time back (the old cove) I still use it and it works very well, one for numbers up to 99 and one for 100 and over so it is just a PDF stamp to use. if anybody interested please let me know.
Sponsored Links

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > APQP and PPAP