The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Specific Actions where Timely and/or Effective Actions are not Achieved

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links that Cove visitors will find useful in your quest for knowledge:

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Standards Organization - ISO Standards and Information

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags (Not all threads are Tagged)
as9100 - aerospace quality management systems, audit nonconformances and findings, corrective action (ca), effectiveness, preventive action (pa)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 20th April 2017, 04:09 PM
JosephJoet

Total Posts: 2
Please Help! Specific Actions where Timely and/or Effective Actions are not Achieved

I have just underwent a AS9100C audit and an NCR was issued due to Corrective and Preventive Action procedure does not define 'specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions are not achieved". Looking for some help in revising our procedure to meet the requirement.

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 20th April 2017, 05:36 PM
howste

Total Posts: 4,761
Re: Specific Actions where Timely and/or Effective Actions are not Achieved

Hi Joseph, and welcome to the Cove Forums!

A typical action that I've seen in corrective action procedures is to escalate up the levels of management when the assignee isn't getting things done.
Thank You to howste for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
Sponsored Links

Post Number #3  
Old 20th April 2017, 05:58 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 630

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by howste View Post

A typical action that I've seen in corrective action procedures is to escalate up the levels of management when the assignee isn't getting things done.
It's REALLY nice when you have a software system that does that automatically - I've lived in one before, where after you get a reminder to deal with it, your boss gets a reminder, then after enough time the guy at the top gets one.

It usually only takes one call from the prez saying "what is this email I got" to get the guy with the action item moving.

But I live on the frontier now. I got gigged for that same issue in an external 9001 audit, and my solution was to include a review of the time required to close each CAR in the management review meeting as a default. Ask me again in a year how well it works.
  Post Number #4  
Old 27th April 2017, 05:42 PM
Mikishots

Total Posts: 880

A pretty common finding, for sure. Where I work, we have weekly boardwalks where all the directors walk the buildings and view the metrics boards (updated every morning). The late CARs and PARs are clearly posted, with the process owner's as well as his/her manager's names. In addition, every time a CAR or PAR goes late, our system sends them both an automated email which repeats every week until the action item is responded to and approved. Each is numbered - "this is your 2nd reminder", "this is your 3rd reminder" ..... etc.

No one can say they didn't know. The rest is up to the registrar - if it's not addressed in a timely fashion, they get dinged.

Last edited by Mikishots; 27th April 2017 at 05:43 PM. Reason: typos galore
  Post Number #5  
Old 27th April 2017, 07:45 PM
QAMTY

Total Posts: 420

Josephjoet
Do you think that does it deserve to raise the nc for that?if you resolve CAs in timely manner? Why it should be written down in procedure if is not addressed?if it were like that, you'd have to include in all procedures what to do when things dont run well, for that,I think there are MRM,NCR,CA,etc.
Please explain,thanks
  Post Number #6  
Old 28th April 2017, 08:42 AM
howste

Total Posts: 4,761

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by QAMTY View Post

Josephjoet
Do you think that does it deserve to raise the nc for that?if you resolve CAs in timely manner? Why it should be written down in procedure if is not addressed?if it were like that, you'd have to include in all procedures what to do when things dont run well, for that,I think there are MRM,NCR,CA,etc.
Please explain,thanks
It is a valid nonconformity because it is a specific requirement in AS9100 Rev C to have this in a documented procedure:

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by AS9100 Rev C clause 8.5.2

A documented procedure shall be established to define requirements for...
h) specific actions where timely and/or effective corrective actions are not achieved...
Thanks to howste for your informative Post and/or Attachment!

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > Common Quality Assurance Processes and Tools > Nonconformance and Corrective Action