Definition Form vs. Record - What is the Difference between a Form and a Record

S

Sabbara

I am new member in the cove. I want to know the difference between a FORM and a RECORD.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: New Member

Welcome to The Cove! :big wave:

In my view, a form is a document used to record something. A record is the completed form.

A form might not need a strict approach to document copntrol, but the completed record should be protected against loss or tampering to the extent the data on it protects the oorganization from some kind of risk.

For example, a form might be used to record the safety training an employee receives. Once the form is filled out, it becomes a record. Keeping the record safe helps make sure there is evidence the employee was taught how to work safely.

A

amanbhai

Re: Form or record

Sabbara I welcome you to the post.
There are alot where you can share with the memebers.
keep using elsmar.
Also, since your are a new user. please select the proper forum for discssion.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

Welcome from me as well
A form is a work instruction!
Each field has a question before it which tells you what to do
E.g name= Please write your name

A completed form as Jennifer Kirley said once the form is completed it is a RECORD

michellemmm

Quest For Quality

I am new member in the cove. I want to know the difference between a FORM and a RECORD.

Hi Sabbara,

Welcome to Cove.

Jennifer did a great job explaining the difference between form and record. I wanted to give another example. You can consider your bank check book as forms. You keep your check book in your purse. Once you write a check...lets say to electric company, that particular check will become your record. You want to keep it for certain period of time to prove that your account is up to date.

W

W. de Jong

Re: What is the Difference between a Form and a Record

1st of all: welcome

In my opinion: a form is something you need to fill out whether it is a hard copy or a digital screen. Once that is done it becomes a record. Records are registrations that you want to keep for a certain lenght of time e.g. a form, personell file, diploma's, certificates, data etc.. (in any appearance: digital, hard copy)

Greetz, Wouter

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hello Sabbara,

A simple thing to remember the difference:
  • A form and/or document says: "DO"
  • A record says: "DONE"
Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator

Hello Sabbara,

A simple thing to remember the difference:
  • A form and/or document says: "DO"
  • A records says: "DONE"
Hope this helps.

Stijloor.

Goodness there Jan let's not make it too simple, we really need to stay on the Rube Goldberg track.:lol:

W

W. de Jong

Goodness there Jan let's not make it too simple, we really need to stay on the Rube Goldberg track.:lol:

HHH :tg:, you're quite right, but then again we're not all native english.:)

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

That's good one! :D

Some certified/registered organizations have never heard from Rube Goldberg, and practice/implement his ideas all the time....:frust::frust:

Stijloor.

Top Bottom