Is there a form I can use to explain what I'm submitting PPAP for?

V

vardar3

Is there a form I can use to explan what I'm submitting PPAP for?

When I submitt a PPAP it is uaually for a whole list of changes, and some of them are not self explanitary on the print. So I'm looking for some formal way to help me explain what the change is for.

I know one option is I could make my own.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Is there a form I can use to explan what I'm submitting PPAP for?

When I submitt a PPAP it is uaually for a whole list of changes, and some of them are not self explanitary on the print. So I'm looking for some formal way to help me explain what the change is for.

What kind of changes are you referring to? Is your company design responsible for the product(s)?

W

WKHANNA

Our customer requires a Warrant page with the PPAP.
"Reason for Submission" such as 'Initial Submission', 'Engineering Change', 'Process Change', etc, is noted there.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deereman

Our customer requires a Warrant page with the PPAP.
"Reason for Submission" such as 'Initial Submission', 'Engineering Change', 'Process Change', etc, is noted there.

Something I did for multiple reasons for a PPAP was to add an addendum (which was noted on the Warrant) which listed the purpose of the submission (in my case, multiple revisions ganged on one submission). This was a Tier II supplier submission to a Tier I supplier. It worked...
By the way, the revision listed on the warrant was the latest.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin

The warrant is this document-
There is also space for
Reason for submission
Other- please specify below

Please do not try to reinvent the wheel

Keep It Simple and Sensible

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

When I submit a PPAP it is uaually for a whole list of changes, and some of them are not self explanatory on the print. So I'm looking for some formal way to help me explain what the change is for.

Examples of Part Submission Warrants (PSW).

Stijloor.

V

vardar3

Add NES M0094 Flammability note and CC13Add pull strap color chart and reference notePull strap dimension 11.5 min was 17.5 minLower tube 13 was 12.7Cover front rear material PP-H2TF2 was PPSpring 2.1 was 2.2Rod lock material SAE J403 - 1037-1045 was SAE J403 - 1037.Upper tube material SAE J2340-420XF was 060XFAdd assembly 0012213 to BOMRevise lower tube notch tolerance RO .3 +/- .2 was RO.3 +/- .1. 90° +/- 3 was 90° +/- 2°.Beige strap color code PC-81 was VP-16.

These are the changes that are happening with this revision bumb. It take some explaination, so I was looking for a type of format to do that

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Add NES M0094 Flammability note and CC13Add pull strap color chart and reference notePull strap dimension 11.5 min was 17.5 minLower tube 13 was 12.7Cover front rear material PP-H2TF2 was PPSpring 2.1 was 2.2Rod lock material SAE J403 - 1037-1045 was SAE J403 - 1037.Upper tube material SAE J2340-420XF was 060XFAdd assembly 0012213 to BOMRevise lower tube notch tolerance RO .3 +/- .2 was RO.3 +/- .1. 90° +/- 3 was 90° +/- 2°.Beige strap color code PC-81 was VP-16.

These are the changes that are happening with this revision bumb. It take some explaination, so I was looking for a type of format to do that

I'm not sure what a "revision bumb" is (BOM?) but how did your customer communicate these changes to you? It's usually enough to reference the customer document(s) under "Additional Engineering Changes" on the PSW if the changes in question haven't been incorporated in the current design record.

If the changes have been incorporated in the current design record, and you beholden to PPAP the changes only, you would just "balloon" those things on the drawing and explain on the PSW that the Reason for Submission is Engineering Changes.

Unless it's customer-specific, there is no form to use for what you want to do. If you want to list out the changes, do so on an addendum to the PSW. If you do this, there should be bilateral reference between the PSW and the addendum. That is to say, the PSW should reference the addendum and the addendum should reference the PSW.

D

Deereman

If the changes are due to a Customer ECN or Revision (which is what it sounds like), you should just reference the ECN or Revsion on the warrant (reason for submission would be "Engineering Changes" and the actual ECN or Revision change(s) letters or numbers would be listed in the upper blocks where you enter the part name, PN, etc.
You would not have to list the actual changes on the warrant as the Customer knows what the ECN or revision incorporated.

As far as the changes themselves, you'll have to do a layout (normally for KPC and the revised dimensions) and any updated certs that may be required.

Now, did any of the revised requirements actually make a change to the product you are currently supplying? If not, you may just be able to submit the warrant.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

OmegaS

Add NES M0094 Flammability note and CC13Add pull strap color chart and reference notePull strap dimension 11.5 min was 17.5 minLower tube 13 was 12.7Cover front rear material PP-H2TF2 was PPSpring 2.1 was 2.2Rod lock material SAE J403 - 1037-1045 was SAE J403 - 1037.Upper tube material SAE J2340-420XF was 060XFAdd assembly 0012213 to BOMRevise lower tube notch tolerance RO .3 +/- .2 was RO.3 +/- .1. 90? +/- 3 was 90? +/- 2?.Beige strap color code PC-81 was VP-16.

Hi Vardar,

Can you provide me the norms:

"NES M7100" and "NES M0094"

I'm trying to get them in internet or several sourses but I'm not having success until I see your post. Please, can you tell me where, how or if you can provide them to me!?

Thank you.

Regards.:thanx:

Top Bottom