Definition Ideal Quality - What is the definition of Ideal Quality?

P

pthareja

I wish to discover the definition of 'ideal quality'.

The thread What is your Definition of Quality? did initiate the "your definition of quality", which probably may see no convergence. It's because we all are different. However how big is the difference in unanimity over the definition of 'ideal quality'?

Ideality points to a state of perfection. A definition in which all definitions can merge.

I was thinking some:

" Total operational harmony with nature"

" suppliers, organisation, customers and nature are one family"?

ch. chh.. I have a dominant presence of nature in my two sentences. Is my bias nature a mandatory constituent in any ideal definiton to 'ideal quality'?

Well! while searching a definition, we can identify the parameters, the attributes it must embrace...

What are the kew words in brain mapping? & including them the definiton?

P

pthareja

P.S. just to help with the dictionary meeting of 'Ideal'

1. Existing in idea or thought; conceptional; intellectual; mental; as, ideal knowledge.

2. Reaching an imaginary standard of excellence; fit for a model; faultless; as, ideal beauty. --Byron.

There will always be a wide interval between practical and ideal excellence. --Rambler.

3. Existing in fancy or imagination only; visionary; unreal. ``Planning ideal common wealth.'' --Southey.

4. Teaching the doctrine of idealism; as, the ideal theory or philosophy.

5. (Math.) Imaginary.

Syn: Intellectual; mental; visionary; fanciful; imaginary; unreal; impracticable; utopian.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

P

pthareja

Bring me a gift Santa!

Just to add what G. Taguchi said
Ideal Quality is delivered when “a product or service performs its intended function throughout its projected life under reasonable operating conditions without harmful side effects".

It is indeed very realistic and practical ( Not Imaginary) to expect such an intended function.

But I wish we could explore some inclusion of 'the doctrine of idealism; as, the ideal theory or philosophy of Quality'.

Kindly Help!

thareja

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I went to the thread cited and - Wow, it's a long one.

As to 'Ideal' quality - To me that's a moving target and is one's personal perception. It is also flexible - I want a certain product, for example, and 20 stores sell it. Taken as a whole, I may have a certain definition of 'quality' for one store vs. another store, and often it's not based upon the price each sells for.

When I see the word 'Ideal', I start thinking philosophical discussion.

P

pthareja

Cove fortunately is full of intelligentia. However lack of interest at this counter, in my personal view, points out to the prematuredness (or say lack of paradigm-ity, if I can express it correctly?) of this term. You are right that Quality so far is termed contextual. It is fitness of purpose or requirements of a 'specific' customer.
If it is 'the totality of features' which must be maximised 'so as to satisfy the ever enlargening needs of the 'customer'' then we may not actually expect anything short of excellence in near future. What is that ideal standard of excellence?
And if the 'customer (stakeholder)' in above para includes our mother Nature, who tends to have bigger proportions considering the increasing environmental load, her depleting strength, et al; then in that totality the right or weightage of man will be asymptoting. In that case the the state of requirement shall be more explicitly defined?
That is what makes me search for some answers!!!

P Thareja

M

M Greenaway

Perhaps someone could explain to me the difference between 'ideal quality' and plain old 'quality' ??

Top Bottom