Document Control with Document History .mdb Database Wanted

S

sullyman

Our office is trying to come up up with a solution for tracking documents and transmittals leaving and being received etc. (dates sent / dates due / days outstanding till returned)

Anyone have a database (mdb) to organize somthing similar please?

J

Joe Cruse

I have something in Access, but not as detailed as this. Mine is more of a document register that maintains revision history. Since the company recently went to an email server, we use MS Outlook for change requests, approvals, review, and final doc approval and notice of issue of new revisions. I could have set up related tables to record all of that activity too, but thought it a bit overkill, since the server is already storing all of that for me. I keep an email folder just for all this traffic.

If you want to see the document register setup, let me know, and I'll split out a copy with some dummy data in it. May do it anyway, if it's slow this week.

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
Joe....Can you tell us more about using MS Outlook for communicating a Revision Change???.....This is very interesting.....thank you in advance...:)

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Joe....Can you tell us more about using MS Outlook for communicating a Revision Change???.....This is very interesting.....thank you in advance...:)

One way to use Outlook (when using an Exchange server) for document control is use of voting buttons. You can add voting buttons (with text you create) to a message and have a record that the recipient read (or claimed to read :tg:) the message, or approved/disapproved a document, or whatever.

cbearden

Involved In Discussions
Thanks Jim....I had no idea MS OUTLOOK could do that.....That's gonna work GREAT!!!!.....now I just have to write a procedure to document that process.

:thanx:
Thanks again!!!
Cyrus

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Thanks Jim....I had no idea MS OUTLOOK could do that.....That's gonna work GREAT!!!!.....now I just have to write a procedure to document that process.

:thanx:
Thanks again!!!
Cyrus
You're welcome. There may be other Outlook tricks for document control that I don't know about (or did know and forgot :tg:).

Raffy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi Joe,
unable to open the attached file. :frust:, we are using the older version of Ms access. :mg:
can you please convert it to an older version of access.
thank you very much in advance for ths usual kind attention you will give this request.
raffy :cool:

Y

Yarik

Hi Joe,
unable to open the attached file. :frust:, we are using the older version of Ms access. :mg:
can you please convert it to an older version of access.
thank you very much in advance for ths usual kind attention you will give this request.
raffy :cool:

Are you using MS Access 97?

In any case, since I was curious enough to open the originally posted database, I've converted it to Access 97 format and attaching it below. I hope you can open it now...

Best regards,
Yarik.

Attachments

• QMS Doc Reg 97.mdb
    706 KB · Views: 636
Top Bottom