The Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums
Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

AIAG - Automotive Industry Action Group

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Some Related Topic Tags
procedure format, procedures (general), quality systems, sop (standard operating procedure)

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #1  
Old 29th January 2018, 07:31 AM
A1S2H3I4T5H

Total Posts: 15
Question Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)

Hello Guys,

Can someone help me in understanding the difference between Quality System Procedure (QSP) & Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) ??

And what are the contents that must be included in a SOP.

Thanks in Advance,
A1S2H3I4T5H

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #2  
Old 29th January 2018, 10:20 AM
mihzago

Total Posts: 195
Re: Difference between Quality System Procedure (QSP) & Standard Operating Procedure

In my opinion, this is a case of "po-tay-to po-tah-to"

There are no specific requirement for the content, but the best practice is to include:
- Document control elements: Title, document ID, version and version history, author, reviewers/approves and signatures, effective date.
- Content: Purpose, Scope, References, Terms and Definitions, Responsibilities, Procedure (description of the activities)

Additionally, some companies also include sections to describe Records, Training, and Risk Management activities applicable to the particular procedure.
Thank You to mihzago for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #3  
Old 29th January 2018, 10:44 AM
Ajit Basrur

Total Posts: 6,205
Re: Difference between Quality System Procedure and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP

Quote:
In Reply to Parent Post by A1S2H3I4T5H View Post

Hello Guys,

Can someone help me in understanding the difference between Quality System Procedure (QSP) & Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) ??

And what are the contents that must be included in a SOP.

Thanks in Advance,
A1S2H3I4T5H
Did you refer this existing thread ?

SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) vs. Policies, Procedures and Work Instructions
Thank You to Ajit Basrur for your informative Post and/or Attachment!
  Post Number #4  
Old 1st February 2018, 08:22 AM
A1S2H3I4T5H

Total Posts: 15
Re: Difference between Quality System Procedure (QSP) & Standard Operating Procedure

Thank You for the response

Yes. They both are similar.
But I have prepared a Procedure considering Production as Process.
Now I have to prepare SOP for Machine Shop, Fabrication, Moulding etc..

So, what are things that i can include in this SOP..

Regards

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > >