Can we do changes in the quality manual procedures

C

cmfugen

Hello
If any thing is changed in the procedures of the work or any other thing after the preparation of the quality manual(supplied by the consultant), can we do the changes in the qulity manual? those changes are to be mentioned as an amendment or not in the manual.

thanks

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Hello
If any thing is changed in the procedures of the work or any other thing after the preparation of the quality manual (supplied by the consultant), can we do the changes in the qulity manual? those changes are to be mentioned as an amendment or not in the manual.

thanks

Whether the Quality Manual is supplied by the consultant or not should not make any difference. It is your Quality Manual, and if changes occur, then the documentation may have to be upgraded. Am I correct in assuming that the consultant provided you with the entire documentation package?

In short, when a process is changed, you are expected to make the necessary changes in the documents that support that process.

Look at 4.2.3 for the requirements and your document control procedure.

Stijloor.

C

cmfugen

thank you sir, i took a note of the content and i appreciate for your kind help

C

cmfugen

I got another doubt that if i do some changes then have i to make a revison no. for that page and have to mention it in the amendments table or have i to change the issue no. also as we have the present issue no. 1

thanks
cmfugen

charanjit singh

Involved In Discussions
If you make a change in any particular page, you need change the revision status of that particular page,e.g. if the revision status was '0' you may change it to revision '1'. There is no need to change the issue no. of the whole multi-page document (say Quality Manual) unless there are extensive changes

In any case, you need to keep a record as to why you are making the change. I believe your consultant must have included this in your Change Control Procedure (cl. 4.2.3 of ISO 9001:2000). This can be in the form a Change Request that would need to be authorized by the authority who originally approved the affected document (quality manual, procedure, work instructions or whatever).

Hope this will be of some help to you.

J

JHagani

Not only you can change your 1st quality manual and procedures, it is actually encouraged.

As your system matures, you will certainly see the need for changes, in what you do, how you do it, and the procedures that covers them. You will discover steps that are leaner and more productive.

But keep track of your revisions.

Good luck!.

C

cmfugen

thanks for the reply, the reason why i am asking even those small things is that i dont want that organization will face any trouble from auditor because of my lack of know how.
now you said that to put revision but in our quality manual procedures or forms we have on the bottom, qmf no., then issue 1 and then date of issue no where revision is mentioned and we have amendment table at the start of the table so where i have to add this revision either along with the issue no or just only in the amendment table,
i am sorry to trouble you people
thanks

J

JHagani

My guess is Issue 1 is your revision. So your next one would be issue 2, date: XX/XX/XX , and so on.

I would also keep a revision log, for all procedures.
Proc 1........... Issue X............. Date: xx/xx/xx
proc 2............Issue Y..............Date: xx/xx/xx

This way you can provide evidance that you are keeping track of your changes and revisions.

Top Bottom