Scary Bridges around the World

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't mind flying and even have a pilot license, but put me on a high building or bridge and I come close to freaking out. I hate heights.

T

t.PoN

Not crossing any of these. Not even if they have a conformity certificate signed by me.

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
Seen the Carrrick-a-Rede one. nice bridge and not at all scary. It goes to a fishing hut where this single fisherman carries out a particular form of old fashioned fishing technique I believe. Think he is now the only one doing it that way. At least that is my vague recollection of it.

Still, I never went across it, being one way and having somewhere to go I passed on it. Not that I was scared or anything!!!!

Q

qpled

I love heights so these bridges look appealing to me! The scary bridge is the one that physics teachers show a film of as an example of the effects of resonant frequency - I believe it was in the state of Washington in the USA, something "Narrows" bridge? Anyone have a better memory than me of the name?

TPMB4

Quite Involved in Discussions
I once heard something engineers who graduate or reach chartered state in a particular country get a signet ring made out of the remains of a bridge that failed. It was meant to remind them of the implications of getting a design wrong.
Not sure which country but i thought Canada but mixed it up with the bridge being Tacoma Narrows.

Top Bottom