Calibration Companies - IASonline.org under Testing Laboratories

Rustedamy

Starting to get Involved
Greetings!
Sorry if I missed the ISO standard above but IASonline.org under testing laboratories has great information about 17025 and minimally staffed labs! It is helpful when an organization has employees who wear many hats. All the best to you. :)

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Not sure what you are getting at here with your post....? is this a blind recommendation for this company? Are you affiliated in any way? While we are not necessarily against people sharing information, it is always nice to know 1) what brought the subject up, and 2) do you have any relationship to the company touted.

Thanks.

Rustedamy

Starting to get Involved
I didn't know I was "touting" anything. I simply recommended a useful document.
The document addresses some of the original poster's questions regarding parameters in a small organization where the internal audits need to be performed by a person whose job functions overlap departments.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
The document addresses some of the original poster's questions regarding parameters in a small organization where the internal audits need to be performed by a person whose job functions overlap departments.

I moved the post from this thread: http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=27152 because it was about calibration and not what the OP was referring to. I am sorry if I may have confused you.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help

I reviewed this site and it appears to reflect that it is an accreditation and training organization. Were you recommending them? Are you affiliated with them in some way?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
I see now why I was confused....the post was moved, but it was not evident. the post all by itself confused me as to what the intent was, sorry, if I made matters worse by asking. But, as Coury said, (and I don't always do myself) it is a good thing to note whether or not you have any kind of relationship with products you are recommending. Carry on, I've caused enough damage for one day.:mg:

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
I reviewed this site and it appears to reflect that it is an accreditation and training organization. Were you recommending them? Are you affiliated with them in some way?

IAS is in fact the original of five internationally recognized accrediting bodies (ABs) based in the U.S., where recognition means that IAS is a signatory to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), to the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(APLAC, and is also in the National Cooperation for Laboratory Accreditation (NACLA). IAS is a non-profit organization.

IAS accredits laboratories (both test and calibration) under the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and inspection bodies under the ISO/IEC 17020 Standards; and other organizations under a variety of other standards and requirements.

IAS also provides training in a variety of needs.

Rustedamy may or may not be affiliated with IAS as a member of an accredited organization; I do not know the identity behind the profile and will not ask, so I simply do not know.

As for the statement regarding the paper on Minimally Staffed Laboratories, Rustedamy is correct, and that paper was delivered a couple of years ago in an international conference held in the Middle East by IAS Staff. I am very happy that Rustedamy has found value in the paper and I will pass the information along to the author.

Hope this helps.

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
IAS is in fact the original of five internationally recognized accrediting bodies (ABs) based in the U.S., where recognition means that IAS is a signatory to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC), to the Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation(APLAC, and is also in the National Cooperation for Laboratory Accreditation (NACLA). IAS is a non-profit organization.

IAS accredits laboratories (both test and calibration) under the ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and inspection bodies under the ISO/IEC 17020 Standards; and other organizations under a variety of other standards and requirements.

IAS also provides training in a variety of needs.

Rustedamy may or may not be affiliated with IAS as a member of an accredited organization; I do not know the identity behind the profile and will not ask, so I simply do not know.

As for the statement regarding the paper on Minimally Staffed Laboratories, Rustedamy is correct, and that paper was delivered a couple of years ago in an international conference held in the Middle East by IAS Staff. I am very happy that Rustedamy has found value in the paper and I will pass the information along to the author.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification Hershal.

I still would like to know if Rustedamy is affiliated with IAS in some way or another.

Rustedamy

Starting to get Involved
Greetings and salutations!
IAS is the accreditation body of my organization. After re-reading the code of conduct I realize the error of my ways. I am very sorry. No excuses but I was apparently blinded by the prospect of being able to help someone after being helped by this community for so long. :bonk:

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Greetings and salutations!
IAS is the accreditation body of my organization. After re-reading the code of conduct I realize the error of my ways. I am very sorry. No excuses but I was apparently blinded by the prospect of being able to help someone after being helped by this community for so long. :bonk:

Thanks for providing your affiliation/non-affiliation with IAS.

Top Bottom