Elsmar Cove Quality DiscussionsCredit Card Terms and ConditionsThe Cove Business Standards Discussion Forums More Free Files Forum Discussion Thread Post Attachments Listing Cove Discussion Forums Main Page
Credit Card Terms and Conditions
UL - Underwriters Laboratories - Health Sciences
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >
Forum Username

Elsmar Cove Forum Visitor Notice(s)

Wooden Line

Credit Card Terms and Conditions - Page 2

Elsmar XML RSS Feed
Elsmar Cove Forum RSS Feed

Monitor the Elsmar Forum
Sponsor Links

Courtesy Quick Links

Links Elsmar Cove visitors will find useful in the quest for knowledge and support:

Jennifer Kirley's
Conway Business Services

Howard's
International Quality Services

Marcelo Antunes'
SQR Consulting, and
Medical Devices Expert Forum

Bob Doering
Bob Doering's Blogs and,
Correct SPC - Precision Machining

Ajit Basrur
Claritas Consulting, LLC

International Standards Bodies - World Wide Standards Bodies

ASQ - American Society for Quality

International Organization for Standardization - ISO Standards and Information

NIST's Engineering Statistics Handbook

IRCA - International Register of Certified Auditors

SAE - Society of Automotive Engineers

Quality Digest

IEST - Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Content Display Modes
  Post Number #9  
Old 6th December 2017, 07:17 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 743
Re: Credit Card Terms and Conditions

I'd hoped this thread would die quietly, but it looks as though it's at least on life support.

So I must offer up the caveat that this may not have been in reference to credit cards, as I reflexively stated (my only forms of credit debt) but instead commercial credit accounts, such as a small business uses to buy materials prior to fulfilling customer purchase orders.

That said, I stand by my comments critical of the interaction of money and politicians -

Sponsored Links
  Post Number #10  
Old 7th December 2017, 08:45 AM
Mike S.

Total Posts: 2,191

My point is, the post that started this particular thread made a bunch of claims with no substantiation or context whatsoever, which led to more posts claiming that consumer protections are being dismantled (I can guess what specific alleged "consumer protections" that poster was referring to, but I won't) and claims about crooked politicians.

And folks here who would normally ask for proof of wild claims just assume it is all true.

Now, I have seen banks offer loans against the money one has in their bank account, which I can only guess are to help someone improve their credit rating.

But my other point is, IF this stuff is true, why is it so vague....no specific fine print posted, no evil bank is named, no way is given to look it up to verify it? Call out the guilty...if it is true, let them suffer the consequences, the sunlight can't sanitize unless it can reach the germs.

I hate fine print and shady institutions in general. Is there a passel of crooked politicians and banks out there? Absolutely. And I hope every damn one of them gets what they deserve. But I hope the same for the many other crooked institutions out there like businesses, churches, charities, and individuals.
  Post Number #11  
Old 7th December 2017, 12:56 PM
normzone

Total Posts: 743

Well, I'll not attempt to establish an argument for the certainty of the statements. Myself, I like to see evidence before I look for a defensible position.

But the other side of that coin looks like this: If you've read the thread regarding terms and conditions that this sprung off of, you'll notice that throughout there I deliberately did not make the information readily traceable to any given customer. I condensed large portions of legalese to five second summaries. A simple google search can show you the source of a text string if you choose a relatively unique sample. This is my day job, and publicly posting direct quotes from my customer's documents would be less than brilliant.

So I'd begin on the assumption that the source of these paraphrases may have similar motivation. Just my take on things, but mostly I read and write all day, so I may not be entirely sane
  Post Number #12  
Old 7th December 2017, 03:22 PM
Mike S.

Your day job has nothing to do with the details of this thread, and posting details of credit card applications in the public domain, which would be some "evidence" as you say.
  Post Number #13  
Old 7th December 2017, 04:34 PM
Marc

Total Posts: 26,287

The first post in this discussion thread was moved from a thread on interesting purchase order line items. That discussion thread was started on 4th September 2014 by normzone: Interesting Purchase Order for its Terms and Conditions - It has been an interesting discussion thread with approximately 70+ posts. I am glad normzone started the discussion. It has been of interest to me and apparently to others considering it has been read more than 15,000 times.

I made a post which took the tangent "political" so I moved all the related posts here to a new discussion thread.

The posting of details of credit card applications in the public domain is a non-issue, it was just some line items a few people on another forum or website mentioned, so it was somewhat along the lines of the original thread that it came from. Anyone visiting here is wise enough to know the line items may, or may not, be actual and if they are really interested in their validity can easily search to see. This isn't a kids website or one for the "general" public. There is an assumption that people who visit here are above average intelligence, above average (typically technical/science related) educated, older and higher income than one finds on the internet in general: Elsmar.com Audience Insights - Quantcast - This isn't Facebook and it isn't Twittter, nor is it political (as to some degree it was, in part, back around 2000).

The original thread was essentially a general community discussion and while no one was posting specifics such as what specific company's PO a line item or term(s)/conditions were from there is no reason to believe people were posting "fake" information. That is not to say all were real, but I have no reason to believe they were "fake".

Why it is now an issue of whether posts here are fake or not is really a bit silly. And, Mike, you are making it very personal. I have no idea why. My suggestion is to lighten up a bit. It is rather obvious that you are purposefully being argumentative for no apparent (or significant) reason.
  Post Number #14  
Old 8th December 2017, 08:32 AM
Mike S.

I see not a lot has changed over the years. I'm done here.

Lower Navigation Bar
Go Back   The Elsmar Cove Business Systems and Standards Discussion Forums > > >