Work Area (Production Shop Floor) Training Matrix Requirements

P

PeggyLHS

Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I am not aware of a requirement that a training matrix be publicly displayed. My understanding is it must exist, must be kept current, and must be "readily available". I know some companies have machine/operator station specific matrices that they keep available at the point of use. Since they're relatively specific it could be posted, but most that I have seen use an online document or binders at the point of use.

T

TShepherd

Nor am I aware of any requirement for training records to be displayed at the work station - however some companies use a Pay For Knowledge system that indicates that the workforce displays the proof of training / education and compentency at the work station; the more a person knows and the greater the flexibility - the higher the pay rate.

A second reasoning may be due to a customer specific requirement.

From an !SO or TS certification - I don't believe this is true.

Tom :2cents:

P

PeggyLHS

Thank you guys.

I think I have more definate answer for the feedback to shop floor.
And, I will review again the customer specific requirement for training matrix requirement.

Me , perosnally think that if the person is able to show or demonstrate to the auditor about the up-to-date of training matrix , that is enough. :)

K

kgott

Hello,
I am a quality systen engineer from automotive industry.
Would like to ask whether most the automotive is required to show the training matrix at work area (Production shop floor)?

Currently, I have an issue with the team leader that they have the difficulty of printing the large copy of traning matrix and display at work area. Also, they have to keep updating when any of new starter have moved to the area for temperoary work dur to the quite at other area.
What is the timing to update the training matrix? Daily, weekly or quarterly?

Wonder in your work area of automotive industry has a policy or work instuartion or etc. which documented of how to deal with training matrix. review with the shop floor team leader. Much appreciate with your feedback.

Thank you

Perhaps a large whiteboard with the matrix drawn on it and details added can be put up in the workplace and it can be updated and maintained by the workshop with your input, might work

Top Bottom