How do I measure Electromagnetic Field - Employee with Pacemaker

T

Totumfrog

We have a toolroom associate that had a pace maker put in recently. Before he is released to go back to work, his doctor wants to make sure we don't have an excessive electromagnetic field that could interfere with his pace maker. Our toolroom has magnetic chucks etc. How do I measure the electromagnetic field in GAUSS? Is there a professional company that can perform surveys for this in or near OHIO?

Thank you in advance,
Totumfrog

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: How do I measure electromagnetic field

You can find Gauss Meters in most industrial/electronic catalogs for $30.00 and up.

they also make personal, wearable gauss meters, with alarms, for people who wear pacemakers.

T

Totumfrog

Wonderful! Thank you very much! Amazing! I asked the Bureau of Workers Comp for this type of information and no one had it!

Thank you again everyone!!!!!

Totumfrog

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Wonderful! Thank you very much! Amazing! I asked the Bureau of Workers Comp for this type of information and no one had it!

Thank you again everyone!!!!!

Totumfrog

Just make sure that you wear one of these Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies.

Moderator note: Jim's original link to Aluminum Foil Deflector Beanies is broken - he does have the picture in another post
(http://elsmar.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=205989&postcount=44 (photo))

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Super Moderator
I'm kinda familiar with EMF radiation because I nearly got killed in a Blackhawk helicopter one time because of it back in the late 80's. All US Military aircraft have to have hardened electronics due to EMF. The major problem would be pulse from a nuke, but radio/tv transmissions can cause it too among other things.

S

skappesser

Yeah I was standing about like 1000 yards from a thermonuclear explosion one time (back in the 80's) and that EMF pulse stopped my watch just milliseconds after the detonation. Of course I didn't live to tell about it...

Randy

Super Moderator
Yeah I was standing about like 1000 yards from a thermonuclear explosion one time (back in the 80's) and that EMF pulse stopped my watch just milliseconds after the detonation. Of course I didn't live to tell about it...

I know what you mean. I was about 1/4 mile away from an armed Titan 2 in 1980 when it exploded in the silo and tossed the "gizmo" into the Arkansas night sky. The EMF pulse was the least of our concerns at the time.

Top Bottom